Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rectec grills ??

I wonMr knock the pellets even though I don’t personally use them. My neighbor cooked a pork shoulder on his Traeger and it was probably some of the best homemade pork I’ve ever tasted. Juicy, great smoke, no sauce involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Wrap that heat pan in tin foil.

If not anything greasy will collect on it, and when you turn it up to "sear" that grease will catch fire. Super easy to just wrap every so often. Good luck. You will enjoy it!
    Thanks, did that already and after chicken wings, drums and thighs it had plenty of crap on it and went ahead and re wrapped it

Nice sitting in den and turning grill on, got to do some steaks to see results but so far all is good

Rolling smoke tonight for some burgers for 3 grandkids and us.

IMG_4631.jpg

Got mine set up today and it’s running 400 for the next hour. Plan is to pop her cherry on Sunday for Mother’s Day dinner.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

This is going to be a cheat code
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I am going backward. I have built 5 nice charcoal grills and burned out or fleeced out of the others. Yes those are still cooking. Still have a big grill built by someone else that is good but too big for most home cooking. Works good for 20 30 steaks. Getting read to build another getting tied of propane steaks. The new propane grill don’t get hot enough to cook a decent steak. May go with on of the park style grill as it is just me and the wife most times
    Last edited by centurian; 05-11-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Got mine set up today and it’s running 400 for the next hour. Plan is to pop her cherry on Sunday for Mother’s Day dinner.

Get you some chicken thighs and drumsticks to grill on there. Helps season it for first cook, plus they not bad to eat
    Last edited by tprice; 05-12-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Ended up breaking it in today for Mother’s Day dinner! Bacon wrapped venison tenderloin, veggies, Mac n cheese and some hotdogs for the kiddos. Was good!!!!

That’s how it all started with Bruce Jenner.

Ended up breaking it in today for Mother’s Day dinner! Bacon wrapped venison tenderloin, veggies, Mac n cheese and some hotdogs for the kiddos. Was good!!!!

You get the sear plates ?? If not I would suggest them, work great

Got those and the griddle. Gonna season the griddle one afternoon this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That’s how it all started with Bruce Jenner.
    the next thing you'll see is them justifying walking around in women's panties and buying store bought sauces

The sear plates are cool for ascetics. I use them more on the charcoal grill than the rec teq
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    the next thing you'll see is them justifying walking around in women's panties and buying store bought sauces
    Don't bring up store bought sauces. Please. I have fresh wounds.

with two snaps and a twist.. and they'll be quoting some fat celebrity bbq cook, not realizing that in multiple backyards in South Carolina there are guys that can outcook them.. while toasting guys with vodka can spritzers and playing cornhole.. Is cornhole still a thing?