Thread: YouTube/Braves

Default YouTube/Braves

How are y’all watching the braves on YouTube TV? Is the Bally sports app the only way?

I refuse to pay what they ask for mlb.tv. But the 25 or so dollars that'll get me the gametime audio via the MLB app is more my size. That way I'm not glued to a TV when I listen to a game. I can pop my earbuds in and get some work done like clean the pool, or yard work, or a work out or a run, etc while listening to the game.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-30-2023 at 07:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Todays game was not on YouTube tv. And it was blacked out on MLB and Bally apps. I canceled my subscription to mlb and Bally today for that reason.

Major League Baseball needs to figure this mess out. They talk about losing fans, but make it impossible to catch the games even for a guy willing to spend the money on subscription services

Doesn't surprise that it was blacked out. Question is why? Was it playing on a "local" station? If they blacked it out there was a reason.

I feel the TV is just a money grab. Why not simply pay the $25 for the mlb app and listen to it that way?

Last edited by willyworm; 03-30-2023 at 09:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I have my father in laws log in for Bally (he gets it with directv) strictly for watching the Braves. It was working on mine today, no issues.

Don’t buy the mlb package, it blacks out all local games, the Braves, if I remember right. Learned that after paying for a subscription last year.

I’ve had MLB.tv for years (they have a helluva deal for veterans). It’s awesome BECAUSE it doesn’t show the Braves, lol. Hell, I turned off cable because it showed Braves games.

I’m watching Angels-A’s right now. You can get the Braves radio, but not tv.

So why does it block local games?

Thats cool your doing that for your father in law Hagen!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    So why does it block local games?
    Fucked up marketing ploy to fill the stands.

Also get Bally some ads.

What is going on with Bally since they declared bankruptcy not long ago?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

If I understand it correctly, the reason why the blackouts occur is for legal reasons. If a particular network agreed to be the sole place for that game to air, and that network is available in your area, it is blacked out by any other live video source like YouTube TV, Sling, etc. So it forces everyone who wants to watch that game to subscribe to a Directv or local cable company to see it, or else they don't get to see it at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Todays game was not on YouTube tv. And it was blacked out on MLB and Bally apps. I canceled my subscription to mlb and Bally today for that reason.

Major League Baseball needs to figure this mess out. They talk about losing fans, but make it impossible to catch the games even for a guy willing to spend the money on subscription services
    This
    They are making way harder than it needs to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    If I understand it correctly, the reason why the blackouts occur is for legal reasons. If a particular network agreed to be the sole place for that game to air, and that network is available in your area, it is blacked out by any other live video source like YouTube TV, Sling, etc. So it forces everyone who wants to watch that game to subscribe to a Directv or local cable company to see it, or else they don't get to see it at all.

You understand it correctly.