Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 332 homes to Elloree

columbia overflow in st matthews?
    thats just crazy talk
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just found out a couple weeks ago about the Elloree Trials being shut down. What was the story on that?

Great Southern has community at the intersection of SC 22 and HWY 501 that went from farmland to about 100 homes in less than two years. Now this is 5 miles from Aynor and 10 miles from Conway. The nearest Dollar General/IGA/stoplight is six miles away. It is the damnest thing I can imagine with the average house price about $320,000. Unlike Santee/St. Matthews/St. George, there are not tons of new industries coming there with good-paying jobs.

The appetite for ~$350,000 homes seemingly in the middle of nowhere is beyond my understanding. From what I am told, they advertise these homes on TV in NY/NJ/OH like we do for bathroom or window replacements here. It is $1,000 deposit to hold your dreamhome, then in about 90 days you are up against a deadline to pick your paint colors and another 30 later you are closing. MG

Here is a link to the Google Map, unfortunately this picture only shows the pads, must be from last spring: https://goo.gl/maps/PmesqwdJA6BRF9Q19
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 03-28-2023 at 07:54 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Y'all are late. I've been sending centipede to Elloree for months....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

There is a brand new 500,000sf tilt up just completed at 301 and 26, and a 1,000,000sf tilt up starting this summer right next to it. I'm guessing a couple jobs will come from them.

I hate to say it but it seems based off the writing on the wall everything is about to start growing out from Oburg.

I was in Dripping Springs ,TX over the weekend. 40 miles from Austin. Fart of a town ( about 1700 folks). Passed a 110 homesite development being graded out. Starting prices for 10 acres lots $700K. In a big cedar/ mesquite flat.

Asked a guy I ran into at the beer store about it. He said "Western Immigrants." (Californians).

The entire Austin metro area is unrecognizable now. Tract housing as far as you can see.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

At this point, there is no going back. Development is everywhere and most people look at that as a good thing. South Greenville has tract homes popping up everywhere. Clemson does as well.

State of SC is running tourism ads in Washington State. Funny to see Darius driving around Greenville and Charleston during a commercial break on the Spokane news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk