Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lack of youth day on public lands

NC youth turkey season is a week.

I’m not going to lie…this is one place where I didn’t think you’d ever see anyone bitch about a youth day of any kind.

Even if you do take your kids year ‘round, how can you bitch about a day set aside just for kids? In today’s world, where 98% of kids can’t get their nose out of a screen, a “special day” that’s only for a kid to pull the trigger is something we could use more of. Maybe that’s the only time the kid DOES get taken…and that’s what recruits another hunter. I know we bitch about pressure and rubberheads, but if you’re into being honest with yourself, hunters are a dying breed. We need all the help we can get.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    . We shouldn't need "special" days to take youth hunting, it should just be a normal occurrence.
    This was my point. I do waterfowl and turkey youth hunts every year and I don’t have kids. Hell I drove to AR to take one kid hunting for one day. But I’d also not have a problem with giving up my opening day or any other day for a kid that wants to hunt
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'm not all that mad at youth days. They are good and I'd never advocate to get rid of them. But, to me, it's just another part of society where we've slid down the hill. We shouldn't need "special" days to take youth hunting, it should just be a normal occurrence.
    we shouldn't need locks on our doors.
    Let your beliefs have a tiny bit of wiggle room....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ Toof's understudy?
    he's coming along nicely.

I cant disagree with what he is saying and I'm glad he's not a hypocrite. he is sticking to his guns but i think he needs a tiny opening for a youth day to pass inspection....

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    When did how others raise their kids become your business?
    I didn't say it was. Nor do I tell people how to raise their kids. But, I can have an opinion on it, because we all will have to live with the other people's kids one day. We don't live in a vacuum where parental decisions only affect the family it comes from. It affects everyone around them, plus future spouses, employers, etc. Quite frankly, we need more people speaking truth into other people's lives (in love of course, not out of judgement). I don't say that from the high horse, I need it just as much as the next man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    When did how others raise their kids become your business?
    if they acted like your kids, we would all be OK. The bad news is that we all have to share the planet with the shithead little punk kids, too.

I think Remy's point is that society is sliding. He is trying to say that a specific YOUTH DAY is a sign of the times. He may be right....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    we shouldn't need locks on our doors.
    Let your beliefs have a tiny bit of wiggle room....
    Bad analogy but I get your point. Youth day ain't the hill I'll die on for sure. I'm sure there are tons of great memories made on youth day and that's worth something. But, I don't like kids getting special treatment for no reason, hence my stance. I file it in the category of participation trophies and dumbing down school so everyone can get good grades and feel better .
    Last edited by Remy; 03-27-2023 at 03:59 PM.

if they acted like your kids, we would all be OK.
    Agree.

Your oldest son helped me move some oyster tables the other night. Wouldnt leave until it was done. Good raising. Hats off.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Let's get rid of little leagues sports as well and make all ages play at a college level. God forbid a child gets treated differently than a grown man.

It's just a turkey hunt. The kids won't turn out any differently just because they got to shoot a bird before dad did.

Probably need to ban training wheels, helmets, and diapers also. Toughen up mofo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Lol

I’m not hating on youth days or agreeing with them, I’m pretty neutral on them. But I always get a laugh when you see the obvious pictures where the kid did hardly anything except move their finger … I’m usually pretty skeptical when it’s a monster deer and a 4 year old grinning with a rifle taller than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Probably need to ban training wheels, helmets, and diapers also. Toughen up mofo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You and coastal obviously missed my whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Agree.

Your oldest son helped me move some oyster tables the other night. Wouldnt leave until it was done. Good raising. Hats off.
    Thanks. Prob ain't nothin I did though

Prolly looking for cigs

good kids stand out more than they used to.
    polite young men are hard to find.
    it will make a difference when they hit the real world.....

What he said.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

100%

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/