Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of youth day on public lands

Default Lack of youth day on public lands

Why is that? There are youth days on private land but not public? Since I don't have kids I just found that out yesterday. How in the hell does that happen? Seems highly unfair to me.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

There is a youth day on public. It was yesterday.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

SMH
    80-20 Genaration

Growing up there was no youth days my dad took me when season was open
    80-20 Genaration

Don't SMH..... me just going by what I was told by a individual who normally know the laws pretty good.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Hard copies of the regs are readily available and free.
    Been hunting on my own since 1979 and still.pick up 2 copies every single year. One copy in the truck and the other copy in the bathroom. Not just for hunting but fishing regs also so I can keep up with creel and slot limits.
    And if my buddy starts talking shit I pull the regs instead of running to the www and repeating the dumb shit he said as fact.
    But you do you...
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-26-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Every day is youth day round here....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Youth days had to be a product of guys who wanted an excuse to not take kids the other 30 days of the season. I cannot understand any other reason, and yes I took a youth yesterday. I still cannot make sense of it.

I feel the same way about youth day on public land that I feel about people who don't have kids having to pay taxes to fund public schools.

Geez…

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Youth days had to be a product of guys who wanted an excuse to not take kids the other 30 days of the season. I cannot understand any other reason, and yes I took a youth yesterday. I still cannot make sense of it.
    I hunt 90% public land, both turkeys and ducks. My boys are now 13 & 15. Some of our most memorable hunts have been on youth days. To me it's about letting them have the first crack before the pressure sets in.

We hunt the rest of the season together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Don't SMH..... me just going by what I was told by a individual who normally know the laws pretty good.
    Yep they have them I was in your neck of the woods sat morning until 1 chasing them.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Let’s tell everyone!!!!

Lol. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Hard copies of the regs are readily available and free.
    Been hunting on my own since 1979 and still.pick up 2 copies every single year. One copy in the truck and the other copy in the bathroom. Not just for hunting but fishing regs also so I can keep up with creel and slot limits.
    And if my buddy starts talking shit I pull the regs instead of running to the www and repeating the dumb shit he said as fact.
    But you do you...

Hard copies???. Shit is on his phone if he would've taken the two minutes to look it up himself. Post #3 proved that point
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Every day is youth day round here....
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The actual youth days are all about hunter recruitment, making it easy, introducing young kids into hunting where they have the absolute best opportunity for success.
    Those of you that piss on actual youth only days..... Find some new corn flakes to fuk up!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

C949CE2A-5E98-4772-89DA-84311D200B0C.jpg

Now they're all gonna stay home while I hunt by myself the rest of the year.