Thread: Backpack Blowers/Misters

Default Backpack Blowers/Misters

I am tired of raking, and blowing with a corded model. Birthday is coming up, and no one "knows what to get me".

So...

I want a backpack blower. Would like to get a mister blower so I can spray for mosquitoes in my hedgerows too. Can I bridge the mister with blowing leaves?

Shirley someone knows...
    Last edited by BigBrother; 03-22-2023 at 09:24 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I had a stihl mosquito blower and it didn’t blow extremely hard. It will blow some leaves but nothing like my larger blower.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I am tired of raking, and blowing with a corded model. Birthday is coming up, and no one "knows what to get me".

So...

I want a backpack blower. Would like to get a mister blower so I can spray for mosquitoes in my hedgerows too. Can I bridge the mister with blowing leaves?

Shirley someone knows...
    The main and most important thing to know and to remember is that if there is a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed. It's just a spring clean for the May queen.

Unbereavable

It's mine and I'll wash it as fast I want.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

buddy of mine was in the same boat, and he ended up having to get both, the mosquito mister and a blower

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    buddy of mine was in the same boat, and he ended up having to get both, the mosquito mister and a blower
    Hard enough having one wife. Can't imagine managing two.

I use both for work. The foger ain’t gunna take the place of a back pack blower.

I’ve got a stihl mister, it’s not ideal for blowing leaves. I bought my wife a dewalt electric blower and it’s been really nice. I’ve already sprayed the mosquitos once and they’re fixing to get it again this afternoon, we have an epic crop for so early in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    we have an epic crop for so early in the year.
    Georgetown is the same. I cant put my finger on why they're so thick so early.

I've got the Stihl SR200..I can use it for dual purpose for most of the year but typically barrow a neighbors backpack blower a few times in the fall/early spring to take care of the leaves....The fogger just doesn't have the power to blow a pile of leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Georgetown is the same. I cant put my finger on why they're so thick so early.
    That wet weather in January and February left slot of water in the woods is all I can figure. They wore us out this morning

Reading into it, I can mod a blower to accept a mister and tank sprayer. I think I'll ask for a hot rod blower and add the mister nozzles and carry the tank around. If I'm just doing two hedgerows onece a month I dont see putting the big money into a fancy mister. (God I hope Glenn doesnt pick that apart).

At least I'm housebroken.

Big Red Max blower and a stihl mister is the route i would go. I got a big red max blower. I like it better than the stihl and husqvarner.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Big Red Max blower and a stihl mister is the route i would go. I got a big red max blower. I like it better than the stihl and husqvarner.
    I bought a Red Maxx for work and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. Its essentially a Husqvarna but in red. Its what my local place carried and had a pretty good warranty. I went in for an ECHO, but came out with this one due to the price point.