Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I generally dont care as long as they keep some distance. I have some rather bright lights when I crank all of them up. Just stay out side of the lights in the shadows and cast into the light an or around the pier unless I have cat fish lines out. I generally dont like my lines getting tangled up with some dude throwing or attempting to throw under the pier. I really dont like having folks tie off to said pier.

Now you really want to see some fun.

Let them get good and tied off and throw once or twice and then I unleash those Ridge Backs from the house. It looks like some one trying to rope a calf in a rodeo in reverse.

Again, I dont have an issue with the fishing the lights just dont use my pier to do so. It isnt public property, and no one helps me pay the taxes on it.

I've even turned the lights on for some of the members on here and left them on for a week or so, with out me being there. They dont tie off or bring the junk yard with them to deposit in front of the pier! I'm not a total tail hole. I just like to be asked and I'll give ou the shirt off my back!
    I agree, you shouldn't fish it if residents have lines out or are on the dock. Just bad maners. But in today's world it only takes a few to mess things up.

You’re a smart guy, I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

Do you or Santee Cooper own the property in question?

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    People get upset about sinking brush? Just fish it? Thank them for doing you a favor…
    That sounds like the dog driver response to someone complaining about dogs running through their property.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. Has 2thDoc accused Donald Trump of being the culprit in this watery crime yet?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    No need to call anyone.
    A rope, a grapple hook and a boat (optional?) would solve your problem.
    Repeat as necessary until they go away.
    Bumping this back to the top. It’s the only option you have or you can turn in your man card.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    That sounds like the dog driver response to someone complaining about dogs running through their property.
    Didn’t read the whole story before posting my smart tail comment. Went back and read and throwing out brush and throwing out junk 2 different things. Clean it up and if it happens again address the issue.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Didn’t read the whole story before posting my smart tail comment. Went back and read and throwing out brush and throwing out junk 2 different things. Clean it up and if it happens again address the issue.
    Seems to be a common problem as of late on here.

Yes, there is baling wire, trees, what can best be described as what ever was in the metal bin at the Jordan dump.

I dont see how anyone can think it's ok to throw anything in at someone's pier if it will not move, and can be a physical hazard to a child and or an human being. Much less keep me from fishing off my own pier. We aren't talking a few trees. 300 yards off the pier. We are talking an entire barge worth of trees, this looks like some project I would do. Heck I built an corral when the lake went down in '07 and some Shanghai doors I can toss trees down under my pier and none will get out or become a danger to anyone jumping sliding or playing in the water.

Wack'em. I'd need a tri-toon pulling an 24' frame of a cultivator dangling behind me a make several passes to clean this mess up. it's ridiculous. I dont know how all this is gonna get cleaned up. I'm not sure they didnt make it all the way to Duct Tapes house. I think they stopped on the long finger that comes out if before the new houses, based off the videos I have seen.

They started over in front of Green island making almost a parallel run with the channel markers coming back from Goat Island.

They then hung a hard left and hit at least 3 pier on Eagle point we can prove. It may be more. But We know 3.

They could have stayed in the old run and no one would have said a word. But they got way to close and it's now a safety issue. I really dont want to go grab all the crap and go dump in in their yard, that sounds like a great way to end up in jail and or a gun fight. The fact I would be dumping debris in his yard will not be ok, because he dumped it in front of mine.

As too the who owns that COC, Santee owns it. I lease the water front from them for 100 years. But everyone is worried about the safety aspects of this. Many can attest to the Santee barge that floats around with an escavator and fishes out logs that break loose. I dont know how much good they can do especially in such close proximity to piers.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

It's a civil matter, if you want to pursue it.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Okay, maybe your first post wasn't as clear as it could've been or I misread it. Regardless, if it's on a higher "industrial level" of brush pile building as you described it, that changes thing a little.
    My revised response is to take your evidence, identify the responsible governing authority and raise tee total, non stop hell until the situation is remedied and the offenders are held to account.
    Give the governing authority time to respond but express that time is of essence. Upon third request to said authority threaten legal action to all involved and follow thru with said threat.

Or you can hunt the offenders down and burn their houses down.

Just PM Catdaddy and tell him to come get his stuff from around your dock!

Impediment to navigation might be your only legal recourse.

Otherwise, you're on your own.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeah, so right off, the fact that you got three different answers is a classic example of the nonexistent training those guys receive. It’s pathetic. It goes well beyond that. It’s company wide. Called to transfer the title of a boat. Was given instructions that we couldn’t use the boat until we titled it. Unbelievable.

As to the brush piles, I would take my boat out there and drag that garbage out of there with a grapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbrhntr View Post
    Just PM Catdaddy and tell him to come get his stuff from around your dock!
    Those are crappie folks doing that on Eagle Point.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

It wasn't these guys, was it?

Attach1_20230405_164230.jpg