Thread: Yamaha touchscreen

Default Yamaha touchscreen

Anyone with one of these things, after 2 days of charging through the onboard charging port, shouldn't the battery indicators be showing fully charged, or does the engine need to be running for it to show correctly?

Have you tested the battery bank with a multi-meter?

Might have a bad cell/bad battery dragging the bank down.

I suspect that screen is warning of a problem. Or, you've just got a big load on the system without the generators producing from the motors.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I've never seen those read to the top. That would be over voltage and an issue. The middle bar is charged and should go up with the engine running. Depending on your setup, the ACC may not be reading from anything. Press and hold the the battery gauge and see if you can select Digital Inset. This will show you actual voltage.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It is new so I am guessing it is wiring somewhere or a bad charger from the factory. Shrimp boat guy told me they had been through 5 chargers in the last year with 2 of them being bad out of the box. I need to find the charger and see if there are indicators on it I reckon. I probably need to know what a multi meter is...

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I've never seen those read to the top. That would be over voltage and an issue. The middle bar is charged and should go up with the engine running. Depending on your setup, the ACC may not be reading from anything. Press and hold the the battery gauge and see if you can select Digital Inset. This will show you actual voltage.
    Ahhh. Will give that a go. Thanks...

It's reading 12.3/12.1VDC.

Full charge will be something north of 12.8V.

Could be a loose connection somewhere.

Bust them big girls off and see what she reads with the generators running.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

What brand charger?

Took me a minute to find it, but a Dual Pro. It has been about a week since I plugged it up, so I plugged it back up and will check later to see if there is any change. I need to be an electrician and a computer scientist to go fishing these days. Maybe I ran it down the 3 days I spent trying (and failing) to understand how to install Navionics on the Simrad...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Took me a minute to find it, but a Dual Pro. It has been about a week since I plugged it up, so I plugged it back up and will check later to see if there is any change. I need to be an electrician and a computer scientist to go fishing these days. Maybe I ran it down the 3 days I spent trying (and failing) to understand how to install Navionics on the Simrad...
    All of the extras sure are nice once you get it right, though.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

That would make sense. My dual Pro just turned a year old and is doing good on my 36v system. Put it in after the pro mariner crapped out. Have a Minn Kota charger on the house batteries that’s 5 years old and still kicking.

Dual Pro's are much better than Pro Mariners. We switched to Dual Pro about a year or so ago after so many issues with Pro Mariners. The biggest issue with a Pro Mariner is how the banks charge. If it's a 3 bank, only 2 banks put out a full charge and the 3rd is just a trickle charge. Same with a 2 or 4 bank. One is always just a trickle charger. We have a Dual Pro on our 2001 Action Craft that is still kicking.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Yessir, we had a Dual Pro on the smallmouth boat for 10 years that never let us down.

A couple hours later they are coming up slowly...

As intelligent as I am I can't help you. Ask Toofer maybe, but then again that dumbass don't know how to grow a onion so fergit it.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Hell I’ve had a new boat with that screen on it for two years and never knew you could touch it or whatever and change to the actual if number of volts vs the bar reading. Jab you know you can make that background on he screen white too? Mine was on that and I figured that out playing with it. Mine looks like yours now.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Press and hold one of those USED tabs and you should be able to change it to Economy. Or, that may be in one of the bars beside the fuel.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 03-23-2023 at 06:16 AM.