Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Changes

Default Canada Changes

Looks like the changes are being made. Seems appropriate given the extremes some lower 48 groups are going to to guide in Canada. I recognize not all agree with it but self regulation has not helped prevent what we all likely knew was coming.

Got a link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phone is being funky. Will post better link in a bit.

Default Canada Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    Phone is being funky. Will post better link in a bit.
    That one worked. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 03-21-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Hate more regulation, but at the same time good for them. Let the locals have their share, and limit the Instagram guides that have popped up like weeds in the last few years.
    More Ducks, Less People

Looks like the changes are being made. Seems appropriate given the extremes some lower 48 groups are going to to guide in Canada. I recognize not all agree with it but self regulation has not helped prevent what we all likely knew was coming.
    Care to elaborate on the "extremes" you are speaking on? Genuinely curious...

Americans who go stay in Canada from
    Sept-mid November and are advertising for and charging to come kill ducks and geese for thousands of dollars per head on private Canadian land.

You'd think any decent man would realize the issue being created.

It's a milder form of putting your 13 yr old daughter out on the street to turn tricks.

Just because there's a market for something doesn't mean you sell.

So the problem is whoring out the resource? I'm sure you are aware that there are outfitters all across the states that have been doing the same thing for a very long time. Does it only matter because it's north of the border or do we need new laws and new taxes on this side as well?

There were very few Canadian guides on the prairies and damned few Canadian duck hunters just a generation ago. Then DU and Delta invented themselves some new duck hunters through banquets and initiatives. These guys saw Americans pouring across the border to make money on their farms every winter. They said frick that noise and are ending it. Sadly, freelancers are going to get ended as well. You want to go shoot ducks in Canada? Enjoy your 3 day guided skycarp hunt, because that is about all that you will get. Who could have seen this coming? All of us who have been saying it for 20 years. Ducks and dollars don't mix well. Not in conservation or in the field. Greed gets the best of it every time...

Will states in the U.S. start the same with out of staters who chase ducks and the growing turkey tours?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Will states in the U.S. start the same with out of staters who chase ducks and the growing turkey tours?
    The simple answer for the US. states and Canada would have been to issue a 5 day license only.....and not allow a non hunting person to join them without a 5 day license. (Example = photographer,...aka a guide with a camera}

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-22-2023 at 08:49 AM.

7 day license isn’t going to charge anything. Most people are there for 3-5 days
    80-20 Genaration

When I get some free time I'll have to dive into the number of non resident license's sold. I wonder how much fuel and plan tickets the Canadian companies will miss out on. license sales are still down from the 80's across the board in Canada. As well as harvest numbers.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

when its about money and fame you can kiss it good bye

dollars and likes and all that hashtag bullshit. go ahead and keep telling it on the mountain. the fat lady is about to take the stage.

when you knock on a Canadian farmers door and the first question they ask is "you are not a guide/outfitter are you?"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

In Manitoba,...I think they will end up with a 7 day license for Americans,....21 days if you already own land in the Province.

The other Provinces will have to follow or they will become magnets for the crowds.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

JAB said it best. I’m a capitalist. But the greed is destroying our sporting heritage. Could we draw parallels to the market days? Probably so…just the perception alone makes one question who the real conservationists are these days.

Prostitution of waterfowl for profit. It's a shame.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by scquackaddict View Post
    Hate more regulation, but at the same time good for them. Let the locals have their share, and limit the Instagram guides that have popped up like weeds in the last few years.
    There is already a limit to the number of guides in each zone.

The locals have no interest or want to hunt by pulling a truck up next to a slough and blasting away.

I enjoy taking the farmers and locals hunting, learning about them and their families. Very few residents in Canada care about ducks and geese. Their license sales show it. Their agricultural practices show it as well. Removing every pot hole when its dry as well as planting as far to the edge of a quarter as they can. More kids are growing up on the farm and moving to the city. More Biologists hired are non hunters.

So what's the fix? Are the regulations on hunting an attack on guns and hunting? Ban all non resident hunting? I guess I'm looking to have a conversation vs reading hot air statements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...mit-sales.html
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

JAB said it best. I’m a capitalist. But the greed is destroying our sporting heritage. Could we draw parallels to the market days? Probably so…just the perception alone makes one question who the real conservationists are these days.
    No. In the market days the ducks went to market instead of a pig food trough.
    DILLIGAF