Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery-powered yard tools??

Default Battery-powered yard tools??

Do these things do the job adequately for single yard use? I'm specifically looking at the Ryobi 40v stuff. Trimmer, edger, blower, and hedge trimmer would on the menu. I'll listen to any and all info on these battery tools cause I've always had gas stuff.
    And............GO

Thanks
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I use a DEWALT weed eater that does the trick. I wouldn’t go Ryobi, but that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only battery powered yard tool we have is my wife's Milwaukee blower and it eats batteries. My nephew probably has everything ryobi makes and I haven't heard any complaints .

I’ve been happy with the 18V Ryobi trimmer/edger. Got it bc it matches the other Ryobi tools I got as gifts. Can usually get thru a weedeat job at my house on one battery. Sometimes have to grab a second if I decide to do the edging. It’s no gas trimmer for sure but it gets my job done with little headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got sort of gifted a Ryobi extended hedge trimmer. I wouldn’t recommend it. The blade seemed to dull rather quickly and then it would just freeze up when it hit something it would have cut when the blade was sharp. Gas would have just kept chugging along.

Go to harbor freight and get the atlas. I've got the chainsaw, blower, pole saw, hedge trimmer and I use them all often. I would go with the 80 volt over the 40. I'd stick with a gas trimmer.

I have a black and decker 40v weed eater. It does fine to get the parts of our ditch I can’t get with mower and around some other stuff. I was hesitant to try it, but I was sick of dealing with gas ones every summer. For residential use, they are fine. I wouldn’t get one for big jobs though.

I have the ryobi 40v mower, blower and trimmer. This is the second mower, first just quit and it was just so easy to use I got another. Bought a generic hedge trimmer to swap on my trimmer, seems to work great for the hedges and stuff, cuts up to 1/2" limb but takes a minute. The blower is the bomb tho, just to easy to use it instead pulling on and filling the gas one. I have no complaints on mine and they are going on the second or third season

I have a Ryobi 40v fetish and it is getting worse as the days are long..I have the 16" chainsaw, 20 mulching push power with AWD, Vacattack leaf mulcher, and one of their weedeaters. All of it runs on the 40v batteries and I have zero issues.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Battery tools are convenient for small jobs and the wife’s string trimmer or hedge trimmer (I am not allowed to trim bushes, unless it is to take them out). My experience is the same with all battery tools they run out of juice on the home stretch every time, on the last hole to drill or the last ten feet of weed eating. Still wouldn’t mind having a burglar saw or impact wrench for deer club.

i have the Dewalt 60v flex weed eater and love it. Have had it for 4 years now and the best thing about it is that the batteries will work with my 20v flex Dewalt tools and my son works for the company that owns Dewalt so he gets good discounts

We have a small black and decker weed eater, it does ok for really small clean up stuff.

Just got the weed eater attachment for my stihl kombi. It's the heat for anything big.

When it comes to battery yard tools there is Ego and then there is everyone else.

Ego is the Stihl of batter power.

I’ve been slowly buying some battery yard tools for a while. I have an ego blower, hedge trimmer and just this weekend I got an ego push mower to cut around the pool and behind the pavilion. Zero complaints. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not my gas stihl stuff but for around the house quick and easy stuff, it gets the job done.
    Last edited by reeltight; 03-20-2023 at 07:45 PM.

I have the 40v Ryobi and the only one that really eats batteries is the blower. I have two batteries and don't really have an issue of running out of juice with either the weed eater, hedge clippers, or the pole trimmer.

I would buy again tomorrow. Really nice not to have to worry about mix gas and it cranking after sitting for a long stretch.

Stihl.

Here's their warehouse store if you're interested

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/

Ego has really impressed me with their line up.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I use Ego. No complaints.

Funny that you mention that because I just looked at battery powered lawn mowers this weekend.

I have a Greenworks pole saw that is stunningly powerful and has long battery life. If I get something else, it'll probably be another Greenworks.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

makita
    Windows Down!