Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Lowcountry Drama

Default More Lowcountry Drama

Looks like SLED ruled the Smith kid’s death a homicide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good. Was getting boring around here, lol.

I heard that earlier.

That would seem appropriate based on the conflicting stories that came out this past year or so.

Hopefully whomever was involved in covering up the killing the first time around gets nailed to the wall.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Well, that did not take them long at all. There is no telling what may be uncovered next.

Good. There was substantial conflict between first officer on scene and the coroner's findings soon after the death.
    It didn't pass the smell test then IMO.
    Glad it's getting another look.

Didn’t I see something about his Mother starting a GoFundMe to get is remains exhumed, if there is another investigation looks like state should pay for that

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Didn’t I see something about his Mother starting a GoFundMe to get is remains exhumed, if there is another investigation looks like state should pay for that
    SLED stated they didn’t need to exhume the body to know it was murder but would attend the autopsy

Doesn’t sound at all like drama to me. If I had to characterize it, I would use words like justice, finally, and self-evident corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    SLED stated they didn’t need to exhume the body to know it was murder but would attend the autopsy.

If SLED ‘already knew’ it was a murder, that’s just more proof that someone in the organization should be in prison.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

IMO, police are immediately hamstrung by any coroner or county medical officer's initial ruling at the scene of a death if it is wrong. The first assessment of the situation is harder to "un-do" than most realize. I think this is where the trouble began for the Smith investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    The first assessment of the situation is harder to "un-do" than most realize.
    Agree. I can run and get elected coroner. I dont know jack shit about people anatomy and less about what constitutes foul play on nuanced evidence. But, I can make shit go away real easy, or make a stink about something that is nothing.

"Is you is, or is you aint my constituency?"
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Agree. I can run and get elected coroner. I dont know jack shit about people anatomy and less about what constitutes foul play on nuanced evidence. But, I can make shit go away real easy, or make a stink about something that is nothing.

The county coroner didn't think the petechia on my Dad's [dead] face was a sign of foul play. His death was ruled simply as heart failure at the scene. The CC wasn't an MD. She resigned two weeks later and moved away. The county police and prosecutor used the CC's cause of death to refuse to investigate. Petechia can be sign of strangulation. IMO, that's why his heart failed but I'll never be able to prove it.

Someone beat that boy to death. He deserves justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Doesn’t sound at all like drama to me. If I had to characterize it, I would use words like justice, finally, and self-evident corruption.
    Agreed.

Murdaugh’s are finding out karma’s a bitch.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    The county coroner didn't think the petechia on my Dad's [dead] face was a sign of foul play. His death was ruled simply as heart failure at the scene. The CC wasn't an MD. She resigned two weeks later and moved away. The county police and prosecutor used the CC's cause of death to refuse to investigate. Petechia can be sign of strangulation. IMO, that's why his heart failed but I'll never be able to prove it.
    Petechia can be a sign of heart failure. In the absence of bruises or ligature marks, they very well could have called that one correctly. Not sure that will make you feel any better.

^not to mention possible hyoid apparatus fractures with strangulation.

But aint shit I can say to make your dad come back, and I am sorry for that. Feels like yesterday I lost mine and there is nothing on this earth I wouldnt give to have another day with him.
    Last edited by abarill; 03-22-2023 at 12:11 PM.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post

You and your broom go somewhere else....

my Dad was a crisis chaplain for years. He often spoke of the hubris of many of the coroners he worked with.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

They will blame the murder on the dead Ginger and close the case out.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.