Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey decline

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Average year 5-800
    Just curious.

Do y’all break it up into smaller sections or all at once?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I will go out on a limb for D..... He ain't burning it all at once!
    I too burn a lot of acreage and a big burn unit for me would be 50+ acres.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Just curious.

Do y’all break it up into smaller sections or all at once?

It may be 5, 10 , 20 acre blocks on up to 50ish. Leaving the office now to burn 2 blocks that total about 30 acres. Burning 5-800 acres is over a 3 month time frame and the objective for each burn will determine if it gets burned early or later in that time frame
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    It may be 5, 10 , 20 acre blocks on up to 50ish. Leaving the office now to burn 2 blocks that total about 30 acres. Burning 5-800 acres is over a 3 month time frame and the objective for each burn will determine if it gets burned early or later in that time frame
    Same for me. I’m burning 15 acres today and that’s about the average size for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

How many people you normally do that with? 2 with that size I would guess.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I burn right by myself most days. I’m pretty mobile and carry 50gals of water and a gas powered pump on the buggy with me. Good wide firebreaks help a lot and taking it slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Just me for the last 3 years but have plenty of equipment, tractors w/ disc , bulldozer with fire plow and a 200 gal spray tank
    80-20 Genaration

Nice!!!