Thread: YoutubeTV raising the rent again

Default YoutubeTV raising the rent again

Going to $72.99 per month...

I shut them off right after football season.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I shut them off right after football season.
    Yep

I’m sure my wife and kids will watch a lot of basketball the next few weeks. Then I’ll shut them off until college football starts back up

If they become too expensive, folks will crowdsource. Meaning folks will share and split the cost. I already do with my MIL.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've been on a hockey kick lately, but they will get dropped once that is over.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

What's a better alternative with local channels? The stability of Hulu sucks.

For that price you are better off as a DirectTV "new customer".

DirectTV can rot in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    What did Hell do to deserve that fate?

i may have mentioned this was coming.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Say what you will, but I've been with them since 2003. Sure my rates have gone up some, but overall I'm satisfied. Every 12 months I call them and my rates go down. You can play the game with "all" the other suppliers or you can stick with one. Sticking with one helps your rates.

Sounds about right. We just cut the cord last month. Turned off u-verse with 1000mbps internet at $290 a month to $115 for YouTube tv and same internet speed with AT&T. Feel like the last person in America that decided to stream TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Say what you will, but I've been with them since 2003. Sure my rates have gone up some, but overall I'm satisfied. Every 12 months I call them and my rates go down. You can play the game with "all" the other suppliers or you can stick with one. Sticking with one helps your rates.
    I love how you can upgrade a package with the click of a remote, but if you want to drop one, it's an hour phone call and sales pitch.

I dropped them after a decade or so and sent back my equipment via their box that they sent me. Got a confirmation email that they received it. Fast forward about eight months and they said I owed them $243 for unreturned equipment. Luckily I saved the email because I know that they are shit. Went back and forth with them for months showing them that email but they weren't budging. They then sent me to their collection company who refused to accept my email stating that they had received the equipment. After a few months they reported to me to the bureaus, and my credit score dropped by 138 points.

I wrote a nice letter telling them that they were in violation of the fcra and fair debt collection practices act and that our next correspondence was going to be from my attorney. Never heard back from them and my score went back up the next month.

So, yeah, fuck them.
    Last edited by wob; 03-16-2023 at 03:10 PM.

They’re still the best game in town. No surprise as everything else is steady going up in price. Unless you don’t have high speed internet, I have no clue why you wouldn’t stream exclusively

Directv is nothin but a bunch of thugs.

Had almost the exact same experience as Wob.

I'm still using sling, I like it.. I don't do y'alls sports things, but I opted for the little upgrade for the golf channel.

Anybody with YouTube have issues with the guide not resetting to reflect the correct times and content?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    What's a better alternative with local channels? The stability of Hulu sucks.
    Antenna.

I had almost the same experience as Wob with a AT&T Internet and Direct Tv package a few years ago. Charged me for three months after I cancelled and trying to get in touch with someone that would do anything about was impossible. Went to collections as well. Won’t ever do business with them again.