Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elon's dream set to launch @9:20ish

Default Elon's dream set to launch @9:20ish

Starship is a super heavy-lift launch vehicle under development by SpaceX. Standing at 119 m (390 ft) tall, it is the tallest and most powerful launch vehicle ever built, and the first intended to be fully reusable.[1]

The Starship launch vehicle is made up of the first-stage Super Heavy booster and the Starship second stage. The second stage functions as a self-contained spacecraft for carrying crew or cargo once in orbit. Both rocket stages are powered by Raptor engines, which burn liquid oxygen and liquid methane propellants in a highly efficient full-flow staged combustion power cycle. After completing their flight, both rocket stages will be recovered, including the Super Heavy booster which would be caught by the launch tower's mechanical arms.

Starship is planned to have a payload capacity of 150 t (330,000 lb) to low Earth orbit in its fully reusable configuration and 250 t (550,000 lb) to low Earth orbit if fully expended. It is designed to be flown multiple times to spread out the cost of the spacecraft.[2] The spacecraft is planned to be refuelable in orbit before traveling to destinations that require more change in velocity to reach them,[b] such as the Moon and Mars. Proposed near-term applications for Starship include delivering astronauts and large satellites to Earth orbit, building the Starlink internet constellation, and facilitating the exploration of the Moon (Starship HLS) and Mars.

Plans to create a heavy-lift launch vehicle at SpaceX date back to 2005. The methane–oxygen engines (later named Raptor) were in development since 2012 and the plan for building the launch vehicle was announced publicly for the first time in 2016. The development program for Starship follows an iterative and incremental approach, involving frequent prototype construction, testing, and refinement, including low and high-altitude flight tests. The first orbital flight test is planned to take place at April 17 at 13:00 UTC (8:00 am CST), with both stages attempting a soft water landing.[3][4]

I'm glad there's at least a few men left in this world that still dream about making it to the stars.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What a waste of money just to collect dust.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-17-2023 at 07:46 AM.

You can say that again

I'm telling y'all this kid is a byproduct that started in Nazi Germany. When all those boys quit NASA they went to Africa, and their kids were running a company called ORTRAG. Its busts up in the mid 90's forms several small groups, then amazingly this other kid that dreams about the stars comes along buys up a supposedly defunct company, all before he had millions much less billions. Yet no one asks about this. Then NASA gives him a ton of money to make SPACEX run.....again. LOL

I could care less, but it is fascinating to study the history of the rocket program. But the heavy lifter is strait out of ORTRAG's advertising model. Like strait out, looks. very similar too. Not to mention is was VonBraun's idea for the design, so it was almost gareenteed to work. It just needed the tech to come along. The man was a genius like me...LOL.

Let's ride on!!! I'm ready to go to MARS. I wanna see those pyramids, and sphinx.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Not gonna happen today.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Scrubbed due to a pressure issue.

You would think they learned from pinamunda that it isnt a great idea to have those tanks that close to a launch pad.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

I didn't think it would launch due to weather. Big storm rolled through Tampa this morning about 7am and hitting East Coast now.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Where do they construct the rockets? They have a huge building at cape Canaveral they construct the rockets. I havent seen a building that large on the Tx campus?

They also have this huge tracked crawler they move the rockets to the launch pad with.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Huntsville, AL - bunch of them come out of United Launch Alliance.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Behind the dam.

A frozen valve?

Whose idea wasn't to put the valve there in the first place?

Common folks, it's not rocket science,.....oh wait, I guess it is.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

T-17

KaBoom
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

The humanity.