Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best bat?

You mean youth bats are still only $300? Hell, they were that much when my kids played 15 years ago.
    If the boy likes baseball and wants the bat...get him the bat. Whatever one does, they should look good doing it. Cool shit makes everything more fun.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    It must be different down the mountain, because when my son was that age a few years ago not a damn one knew a bat brand, let alone which one was good. That was rec league ... If this is travel ball, that's just a whole rant I don't feel like doing this morning.
    Agree, there's so much I can type but I honestly don't have the energy for it today

Thankfully, Brady and I both learned a few years ago to not take it so damn seriously. We're both enjoying it immensely more now than we were before, and he happens to be playing as good as he ever has, as a senior, when it actually matters....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    No judgement. Just an observation...

We played "baseball" with dirt clods/hickory nuts/pecans and tobacco sticks and had a blast.

I have three small bats for small kids that might be one of those high dollar bats. Currently employed as fish killers, back of the truck roadside insurance, and holding up corners in the garage. I'll look and see if one is a high dollar bat and save you some money.
    Playing baseball with chert rocks, using sawmill slats for bats
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    And this is the gospel truth. These fools now look down their noses at our Berettas. If your 12 year old ain’t shooting a K-80 that weighs more than he does, you need to carry your broke ass on somewhere else.

These travel ball parents and their go fund me’s crack me up. Bitch you ain’t seen nothing till your kid gets into competitive shooting…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My favorite fundraiser is the one where you pick a date on the calendar and then give that much money,
    I added it up one time and it comes to right at $500 if you get all the dates filled, even more when multiple people pay the same date

Unless yours kids fundraiser is selling ammunition, I ain’t interested
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    My favorite fundraiser is the one where you pick a date on the calendar and then give that much money,
    I added it up one time and it comes to right at $500 if you get all the dates filled, even more when multiple people pay the same date

Unless yours kids fundraiser is selling ammunition, I ain’t interested
    I tried getting people to donate me shotgun shells on the facepage one time. Oddly enough, I didn't get a single donation......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Composite bats are designed to break. The hair line cracking is what makes them get "hot". But cracks will grow and bat will break. Using a high end bat in a cage is silly! Ball can only travel 60' at the most. Cage is about getting the correct mechanics and swing. May need an ankle protector in the cage also. You why you hit the ball off of your foot? Poor swing... But they are soooo cool. Even better than that is the silly sliding mitt! Watched a high school catcher catch 5 innings the other week with a sliding mitt sticking out of this back pocket. I was totally baffled at why he needed a sliding mitt to catch. Adults have sure ruined youth baseball. I was there too..

Thanks for the bat recommendations guys. I’ll run along and post a pic of my lunch or something political. That seems to be more yalls speed.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

wide lens for lunch pic?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    You mean youth bats are still only $300? Hell, they were that much when my kids played 15 years ago.
    If the boy likes baseball and wants the bat...get him the bat. Whatever one does, they should look good doing it. Cool shit makes everything more fun.
    Right. Mike has met my kids. My older one would hit with a wooden bat. My middle one is more materialistic like his mama.

I’ll change the thread to how much should I spend on a bat. Instead of best bat

wide lens for lunch pic?
    E886EA07-80D2-48E9-AEFF-378FD57423B2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Right. Mike has met my kids. My older one would hit with a wooden bat. My middle one is more materialistic like his mama.

I’ll change the thread to how much should I spend on a bat. Instead of best bat
    Really, I just figure that if I had to buy all that stuff, you should too! Hell, I've even got a bat roller.
    Seriously, enjoy it all while you can.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

USA bats are a lot like BBCOR. They all perform about the same. You are basically deciding if you want one piece or two piece, aluminum or composite, and then overall swing and balanced vs end loaded. Two piece feel better on the hands especially for younger kids. Another poster mentioned the old school Quattro. Those were the “hottest” USA bats made, but they didn’t last long. All the rest are dead.

Older boy swings the Quattro pro from 2021 I believe. I ain’t real impressed with it but he likes the sound it makes.

The kid is going to out grow that bat in a year. Maybe two.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    The kid is going to out grow that bat in a year. Maybe two.
    Yeah. But I got another one right behind him. Number 3 ain’t gonna get any new shit

Big Al hit dingers…… with his brothers bat

Last edited by white quacker; 03-16-2023 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    i saw the price of bats while at the academy’s the other week.

Must be the Travel ball parents who weren’t athletic trying to make up for their shortcomings.
    Try shopping for a javelin. I did for my daughter and damn near had a heart attack!

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    well I'll be damned. thats a fine lunch!

good luck on your bat quest. Need shin guard advice? i'm your guy....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

well I'll be damned. thats a fine lunch!

good luck on your bat quest. Need shin guard advice? i'm your guy....

I will ask palmetto fellow advice on what saddle to buy for their horse before I post about needing shin guards

This thing is the ticket for meal prep.

Damn I should start a thread on meal prep. Got a feeling I will be seeing those blackberry’s in my toilet later when I’m puking my guts out. Damn the stomach bug. I walk by someone with it and I get it. I’m trying to work as late as I can