Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bat?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    oh and go to sleep, dude. seriously. drunk bat posting at 1am is a sign of a serious issue....

its called travel ball syndrome.
    I wish. Sick 2 year old with the stomach bug will keep a man up.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I wish. Sick 2 year old with the stomach bug will keep a man up.
    You got that right. I’m about tired of all these stomach bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Dude, a $350 bat is not a good investment for a 6yo regardless of how big your bank account is...just say'n.

That being said, ADV is a good bat but they break...a lot. I'd stear away from it.

We are fans of Marucci CAT. Demarini The Goods is also a good stick. But if you were going all out you'd spend $400 on the Lousivlle Slugger Meta.

Yeah I agree about the investment part. I waste way more money on way stupider shit. We will be ok.

With Marucci cat do y’all like?
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 03-16-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Yeah I agree about the investment part. I waste way more money on way stupider shit. We will be ok.

With Marucci cat do y’all like?
    All three of my boys have cats. The two oldest have cat 9's in both BBCOR and USSSA. My youngest has one is USA. I'm a fan of their "all" alluminum bat. The composits are good bats also but I'm just not a fan of two piece bats. They always break no matter who the manufacture is. The Cat X is one of the, if not the hottest bat on the market right now.
    Last edited by reeltight; 03-16-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    All three of my boys have cats. The two oldest have cat 9's in both BBCOR and USSSA. My youngest has one is USA. I'm a fan of their "all" alluminum bat. The composits are good bats also but I'm just not a fan of two piece bats. They always break no matter who the manufacture is. The Cat X is one of the, if not the hottest bat on the market right now.
    I’ll check it out. Thank you.

In a USA bat there is a ton of difference between $300 and $100. And yes I’m willing to spend money. They hit out of a cage at my shop 3 days a week so I don’t mind getting something good. I’ve looked at the marrucis
    You a grown man and can spend your money how you want. However, you did post on a public internet forum, so here goes some opinion. Do you really believe a 6 year old will see much difference? I mean what, he will be able to hit a ball 5 feet further with a $300 bat vs. a $100? I find it crazy that they even sell $300 bats for 6 year olds.

Let me ask a dumb question. Does a 6 year old “need” a hot bat? I mean are 6 year old infielders and outfielders good enough to run down and catch or field balls hit by lessor bats to the point that the extra speed and carry of the hot bat gets you on base in coaches pitch? Look I get the kids wanting to fit in and want their own bat, bag, helmet, gloves, bat bag, etc and nothing is too good for our kids. But is it that, or is the kid with the shitty bat just not competitive with his lessor athletic but hot bat equipped peers....in coaches pitch??!! I’m not judging, serious question, for coaches pitch through say up to high school. Now in high school when maybe scholarships are in play and home runs vs fly outs make a meaningful difference, I get it. My girls rode horses, so that makes your bat prices and maybe this question sound even dumber. But just curious. Let me have it, honest answers.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You a grown man and can spend your money how you want. However, you did post on a public internet forum, so here goes some opinion. Do you really believe a 6 year old will see much difference? I mean what, he will be able to hit a ball 5 feet further with a $300 bat vs. a $100? I find it crazy that they even sell $300 bats for 6 year olds.

Yes there is a huge difference. Not with kids who don’t hit much. But a kid who hits a lot and can play, yes. USA baseball bats suck. You gotta spend some money to see some difference.

It’s like this,

My kids ask for a Nintendo switch for Christmas. I don’t want my kid having a Nintendo switch. That does nothing for them in the long run. But they got them.

When my kid, who loves to hit, asks for his own bat because he his swinging his older brothers and it is too heavy for him then why wouldn’t I get him a bat?

No he’s not going pro. He’s not going to play college ball likely. But buying him a $300 bat that makes him keep enjoying to hit and seeing results of his hard work will go much further in life for him than the $300 Nintendo switch I got him.

In todays world with kids, if they want to pursue anything other than watching tv or playing on a phone you better facilitate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Let me ask a dumb question. Does a 6 year old “need” a hot bat? I mean are 6 year old infielders and outfielders good enough to run down and catch or field balls hit by lessor bats to the point that the extra speed and carry of the hot bat gets you on base in coaches pitch? Look I get the kids wanting to fit in and want their own bat, bag, helmet, gloves, bat bag, etc and nothing is too good for our kids. But is it that, or is the kid with the shitty bat just not competitive with his lessor athletic but hot bat equipped peers....in coaches pitch??!! I’m not judging, serious question, for coaches pitch through say up to high school. Now in high school when maybe scholarships are in play and home runs vs fly outs make a meaningful difference, I get it. My girls rode horses, so that makes your bat prices and maybe this question sound even dumber. But just curious. Let me have it, honest answers.
    I'll answer. It's the parents that want their kids to have the best and fit in. It has absolutely nothing to do with performance at the younger ages. It's just another example of parents caving in to ridiculousness. Little Johnny has a $300 bat, so you buy your kid one and soon the whole team has their own. Little Johnny gets an IPhone at 9 years old. Soon all of his friends have one too. I'm a younger guy, but it still kills me to go watch my nephew play ball and see all these 8 year olds walking around with probably $1,000 worth of gear in their bat bag (and 70% are average at best athletically)

Be sure to get one of those 4-bat backpacks too

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    You had horse kids. I’ll listen to nothing you have to say

Yes there is a huge difference. Not with kids who don’t hit much. But a kid who hits a lot and can play, yes. USA baseball bats suck. You gotta spend some money to see some difference.

It’s like this,

My kids ask for a Nintendo switch for Christmas. I don’t want my kid having a Nintendo switch. That does nothing for them in the long run. But they got them.

When my kid, who loves to hit, asks for his own bat because he his swinging his older brothers and it is too heavy for him then why wouldn’t I get him a bat?

No he’s not going pro. He’s not going to play college ball likely. But buying him a $300 bat that makes him keep enjoying to hit and seeing results of his hard work will go much further in life for him than the $300 Nintendo switch I got him.

In todays world with kids, if they want to pursue anything other than watching tv or playing on a phone you better facilitate that.
    I'd still argue there can't be much difference at that age but ok. I 100% agree with you encouraging your kid and getting them their own bat. But, did he specially ask for a $300 bat, or could you accomplish the same exact thing with that $50 or $100 bat. What I'm getting at is if a 6 year old wants or "knows" the difference in bats, it's because someone told them that. They have no clue how it is performing.

Y’all should go to a youth shoot.

The amount of kids under the age of 12 with a shotgun and gear that costs more than a car will make your jaw drop…
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 03-16-2023 at 08:14 AM.

No judgement. Just an observation...

We played "baseball" with dirt clods/hickory nuts/pecans and tobacco sticks and had a blast.

I have three small bats for small kids that might be one of those high dollar bats. Currently employed as fish killers, back of the truck roadside insurance, and holding up corners in the garage. I'll look and see if one is a high dollar bat and save you some money.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Jesus Christ. He’s 6. Try several different weights until you find what he’s most comfortable with and buy him one of those. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to spend $500 on bats once he gets old enough for it to matter…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Y’all should go to a youth shoot.

The amount of kids under the age of 12 with a shotgun and gear that costs more than a car will make your jaw drop…
    And this is the gospel truth. These fools now look down their noses at our Berettas. If your 12 year old ain’t shooting a K-80 that weighs more than he does, you need to carry your broke ass on somewhere else.

These travel ball parents and their go fund me’s crack me up. Bitch you ain’t seen nothing till your kid gets into competitive shooting…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'd still argue there can't be much difference at that age but ok. I 100% agree with you encouraging your kid and getting them their own bat. But, did he specially ask for a $300 bat, or could you accomplish the same exact thing with that $50 or $100 bat. What I'm getting at is if a 6 year old wants or "knows" the difference in bats, it's because someone told them that. They have no clue how it is performing.
    Yeah they know what bats suck and what bats don’t.

Buy a cheap bat and have someone make some stickers that replicate the expensive ones.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yeah they know what bats suck and what bats don’t.
    It must be different down the mountain, because when my son was that age a few years ago not a damn one knew a bat brand, let alone which one was good. That was rec league ... If this is travel ball, that's just a whole rant I don't feel like doing this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Buy a cheap bat and have someone make some stickers that replicate the expensive ones.
    Ain't that the truth. I know someone who will buy a "base" truck, but then buy the FX4 stickers or whatever to make it look like it's a different truck.