Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bat?

Default Best bat?

My 6 year old, has decided he is done with tball and wants to play coach pitch with his older brother this year. Thank god. Of those 2 kids he’s way more skilled naturally just a lot smaller. That said I gotta find him a bat. He has been using the older sons but it has been giving him problems. What bats are yalls coach pitch kids swinging. We play dixie and as most of y’all know the USA bats suck. That’s the nicest way I can put it. I’ve discovered you definitely get what you pay for. I’m looking at the Easton adv 360 but wasn’t sure if there’s anything else I should look at?

Also if anyone has any USA bats they’d like to part with let me know. I’ve got a bunch of kids in our league that can’t afford bats and at that age they start noticing the fact that other kids have their own bats and they don’t.

Thanks in advance
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Default Best bat?

My 6 year old, has decided he is done with tball and wants to play coach pitch with his older brother this year. Thank god. Of those 2 kids he’s way more skilled naturally just a lot smaller. That said I gotta find him a bat. He has been using the older sons but it has been giving him problems. What bats are yalls coach pitch kids swinging. We play dixie and as most of y’all know the USA bats suck. That’s the nicest way I can put it. I’ve discovered you definitely get what you pay for. I’m looking at the Easton adv 360 but wasn’t sure if there’s anything else I should look at?

Also if anyone has any USA bats they’d like to part with let me know. I’ve got a bunch of kids in our league that can’t afford bats and at that age they start noticing the fact that other kids have their own bats and they don’t.

Thanks in advance

At that age they’re all the same other than weight and length. Kids can’t swing hard enough to make a difference or make the bat do what it’s designed to do. When you see a kid hitting it hard it’s because they made good contact. Not the bat at that age. Just let him use one of his team/teammates bats. It’ll also help with the ones that are less fortunate seeing other kids without bats.

What he said.

Just go buy some bats from Walmart, no negligible difference for coach’s pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    What he said.

Just go buy some bats from Walmart, no negligible difference for coach’s pitch.
    Agreed. And you'll probably catch him out in the yard hitting gravel with it anyway...

Black magic man. That was the best bat ever made in the early 90s.

Sorry can’t help with this but it made me think about that

Dude, a $350 bat is not a good investment for a 6yo regardless of how big your bank account is...just say'n.

That being said, ADV is a good bat but they break...a lot. I'd stear away from it.

We are fans of Marucci CAT. Demarini The Goods is also a good stick. But if you were going all out you'd spend $400 on the Lousivlle Slugger Meta.

What happened to the Easton Ultralights and the white TPX's? Dang, I'm old.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Dis is all ya need right here. Can be found in your latest eastbay or baseball express catalogue.

86DEB4F1-1467-437B-8D2E-9F85F7A38411.jpeg

Find you one of those banned CF Zen bats.

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post
    Agreed. And you'll probably catch him out in the yard hitting gravel with it anyway...
    yep. Or hitting it on the concrete or asphalt. Or even better he and his brother will be swinging both bats at each other with helmets optional.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

For coaches pitch and a USA bat, there is definitely no need to drop $350. Buy a Rawlings 5150. The red 2019 version was hotter than the ADV. the newer ones are good, just not quite as hot. The difference in the ADV and the 5150 is definitely not worth the extra $$.

Every ADV I’ve seen has broken within a season.
    Last edited by lil 2 sleepy; 03-16-2023 at 06:23 AM.

i saw the price of bats while at the academy’s the other week.

Must be the Travel ball parents who weren’t athletic trying to make up for their shortcomings.
    Windows Down!

I’m curious to hear what 2th has to say about this

After he tells you to go back to sleep at 1am
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

its not the arrow, its the indian

is he throwing 100 pitches a day? Does he chew Big League Chew like a freaking legend?
    Does he like spending nights in hotels with his buddies?

If so, he has a future. I'd go ahead and get him an agent.
    Either way, I hope he has fun trying to show up his big brother. I was the younger of two and know his options!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

oh and go to sleep, dude. seriously. drunk bat posting at 1am is a sign of a serious issue....

its called travel ball syndrome.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    For coaches pitch and a USA bat, there is definitely no need to drop $350. Buy a Rawlings 5150. The red 2019 version was hotter than the ADV. the newer ones are good, just not quite as hot. The difference in the ADV and the 5150 is definitely not worth the extra $$.

Every ADV I’ve seen has broken within a season.
    If you are going to get in the way back machine you might as well get a 2018 Quattro pro…to this day this bats in good condition fetch more money than any new bat in the market. New old stock (if you were able to find it) would bring $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Black magic man. That was the best bat ever made in the early 90s.

Sorry can’t help with this but it made me think about that
    I still have mine in my closet at my mom’s house.

Life's a garden, Dig it.

In a USA bat there is a ton of difference between $300 and $100. And yes I’m willing to spend money. They hit out of a cage at my shop 3 days a week so I don’t mind getting something good. I’ve looked at the marrucis