Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro/elite amateurs

Default Pro/elite amateurs

So the USGA and the Royal and Ancient are proposing a roll back of the ball for them..

In my little opinion coming from the age of persimmons and balata balls, the balls today, it's happened over the last decade, but are the biggest advantage. I do remember jumping from an old graphite mizuno head to the first big Bertha and thinking it was wild..

I think a stop, put limits on them now, would be best. I want to play the same game.. or as close. I think setting another standard is just too much. Advances in fitness, swings, shouldn't be punished. Tighten things up, fairways, then rough, then greens. Average scores over the last couple decades really, among winners really hasn't changed.

I'm on a phone, so kiss my ass if it's not perfect sentence structure

Should be no bifurcation of rules!

I want them to allow lift-clean-move when in a divot in the fairway.

Need to make more executive course for faster playing time to grow the game vs trying to limit it.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

I am kinda for it and against it. It’s nice to see all the long hitters pick apart courses by cutting corners or purposefully landing in the rough for a short wedge shot vs hitting a mid iron out the fairway.

It’s also nice to watch these guys show their talent when hitting long and mid irons into tight greens. I don’t see the new ball rule rolling down to us but who knows.

Thicker rough and tougher pin placements would do way more to "rein in" distance than some dumb tech rules. And I agree HS, it's not like the scoring average is very much different today vs 20 years ago. You don't see guys shooting -30 and murdering courses.

The ball doesn’t spin any more. The difference happened mid 2000’s…. If they have a Tour Balata or a Tour Prestige wound golf ball, distances would drop and scores would increase and older courses could be played in accordance to what they were meant to be played. I’d be fine with reverting back to old technology. But make it across the board, not for just professionals
    Last edited by Palmetto Pride; 03-15-2023 at 10:03 AM.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Soft greens will get a course murdered.

I agree with Joey on the pro play, time. I sat down and watched all of it Sunday.. I completely get how much, and how important every shot is, but it needs

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    The ball doesn’t spin any more. The difference happened mid 2000’s…. If they have a Tour Balata or a Tour Prestige wound golf ball, distances would drop and scores would increase and older courses could be played in accordance to what they were meant to be played. I’d be fine with reverting back to old technology. But make it across the board, not for just professionals
    That's my belief, if you're going to do it, do it for all.. I haven't read a study, or know what the cost would be for doing that with equipment, balls. I mean the amount of balls made now, and are making. If done, I cannot believe it'll be done quick. I don't care for the double standard.

I like the Vice Pro's, not sure if that is cool or not cool but I'll guess not cool.

I talked Nutz into playing 9 on a public course last week.. kinda the same. I haven't been able to swing for a few weeks, had one chance, and we were hosting a mid am qualifying that day

Golf and baseball have both made the mistake of not evolving, which directly correlates to them not being more popular and growing. Quit trying to make the game stay the same as it was "back in the day". Professional sports are entertainment first and foremost. Like them or not, the NFL and NBA have it dialed in.
    Last edited by Remy; 03-15-2023 at 10:44 AM.

The old saying: drive for show, putt for dough still holds.

So much for fn with LIV

PGA - let's run the best players off, cut their exemptions, and revert back to way my daddy and em did it

At least that's my thoughts.

Golf is like hunting. You either do it for sport or tradition. But not both. If so, we would all duck hunt with 16 ga sxs's.

And yes, I know, some of you buster brown wearing foot joy double shooting duck golfers will chime in. I'm not hating, just segregating the haves from the have nots....

And for the record, I shoot a 3-1/2 late season, play with blades, wear metal spikes on my home course, and still hit an R7 off the tee. So pot me kettle SC phuckers.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Where did the best players go? One left, Cam.. then DJ. They went for money, no other reasons. Liv will die.

it'll die with a lot of money in the bank....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I'm on the road don't make me argue

Greg Norman can eat s****

players union?
    Double Secret Probation Officer

I had an egg salad sandwich today for lunch.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14