Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knee boots or hikers/gaiters

Default Knee boots or hikers/gaiters

Just wondering how many here hunt with good ol knee boots and how many hunt with boots/gaiters?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Knee boots or chaps.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

i hunt in low hikers.
    am I missing something? or am I supposed to be afraid of snakes and water?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

but i do own a trumpet and some bottomland.
    just sayin'

Russell Turkey Hunter lites.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hunt in low hikers.
    am I missing something? or am I supposed to be afraid of snakes and water?
    Not necessarily. It all depends on where you hunt. In some areas, I only wear my short boots. It also depends on if I'm having to walk through briars (chaps) or if the ground is wetter than normal.

Be flexible and adjust to the situation at hand.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Danner sharptail snake boots if I'm not wearing hip waders.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    but i do own a trumpet and some bottomland.
    just sayin'
    What kinda trumpet you gots Bo??
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

my shoes adjust to all sorts of stuff.

I carry a gifted buice to take pictures with....but i carry it in a locked hard case bc I'm afraid to break it.
    Other days, I dream of carrying a ricky special but usually wake up wearing plain brown camo and no cool fox vest.
    BUT i did talk to the squatty shuttle driver and got a couple of tooters from DES Trumpets. I have learned to make a pretty darn raspy call. Now, I just need to learn to do it all the time....

to add to this story, I think gifting buice calls is pretty neat. what good are they on the shelf? when I told a dear friend I had gotten connor a trumpet, he told me to hold on. the next day he came with one of mr billy's calls for connor to use. son1 was touched....I think he gets it.

Comfortable 8-10" leather boots and kenetrek gaiters. I don't like wet pants and wet socks for the rest of the day. If its dry, you can leave the gaiters in the truck. To hell with rubber boots.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Russell Turkey Hunter lites.
    I'm not in your league yet. Of course, now that those damn things cost $1200, I doubt I ever will have me a pair.

And nobody can keep up with a Dentist, except maybe other dentists.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

The antivenom is pricier than whatever protection you avoid wearing. I'm told you'll never feel sicker, too. Not afraid of dying; I'm afraid of paying the price of survival. I wear knee high snake boots and am extremely careful in tall grass or a canebrake.

I wear bugskins undegarments to avoid a seat full of red bugs or ticks.

lacrosse lagrange with frogskin gaiters on top.

Sometimes I am barefooted. It just depends on where I am hunting.

Shoes are for women and children. Men hunt barefooted. You've never heard the expression, "light in the loafers"? That's right, think about it.

And I think we all know what Freud would think about your trumpet obsessions.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Speaking of gaiters...

I need a pair for Kodiak. Also not necessarily ice spikes, but something I can strap to my boots to avoid slipping in the tall wet grass and rolling down to the ocean. Plus it might be nice to be able to outrun my buddy if there's a brown bear rolling to us. Suggestions? I'm new to the gaiter thing.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    lacrosse lagrange with frogskin gaiters on top.

Sometimes I am barefooted. It just depends on where I am hunting.
    I like this idea but what if you get bit on the foot?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Speaking of gaiters...

I need a pair for Kodiak. Also not necessarily ice spikes, but something I can strap to my boots to avoid slipping in the tall wet grass and rolling down to the ocean. Plus it might be nice to be able to outrun my buddy if there's a brown bear rolling to us. Suggestions? I'm new to the gaiter thing.
    Outdoor Visions served me well out West. Looks like they've changed up the material to something even beefier since I bought mine 5+ years ago.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 03-15-2023 at 01:24 PM.

They shed wet dew/rain on vegetation, or are they intended to keep water out of the boot if I go over the top?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Rumor is they’re doing a limited run of these in bottomland. Numbered of course. I think Tater has the details…..

https://www.prada.com/us/en/men/shoe...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I had no idea Prada did boots.

I have a pair of their Chelsea brushed leather lace up brogans.