Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro/elite amateurs

You most definitely can get the same ball the pros are using. Theirs are just put through a whole heck of a lot more scrutiny in the inspection process. They have a team and area just for the pro ball inspection, but it’s still the same ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    You most definitely can get the same ball the pros are using. Theirs are just put through a whole heck of a lot more scrutiny in the inspection process. They have a team and area just for the pro ball inspection, but it’s still the same ball.
    That reminds me...just the other day, I was watching a video on putting golf balls in salt water to see if they are balanced correctly. I might try it cause it's got to be my equipment making me hit bad shots.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

HighStrung just got my proxy on all golf matters... Now if someone will answer my hunting questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Harbor Town is relevant. I still think they could just limit the tech to where it sits today, then if courses can adjust a little.. most can't afford to go grab distance like Augusta, but the cost of everything adds up once you start adding distance. If they want to protect it, harden the greens, tighten it up. The scoring averages just aren't showing that much of a difference. I'm not saying let the greens get away, like Shinnecock or anything, that just turns into luck.. and I know it's a fine line too.

Our course is shorter, it's played along the lines of a lot of courses that are a thousand yards longer or close for years in US Open qualifying, until last year we got dumped on the day before.. Random college kids, they're all good, shot like 5 course records. It kinda hurt to watch. The next day, the greens dried out, our super and the USGA got together, the few young men the day before were around par. I know we have an entire echelon of extremely good golfers on here, better and more accolades then me.. I'm not a slouch, but I know some of y'all.. I just think rolling anything back, or separate standards would be horrible for the game.
    CC of Charleston is a pitch and putt for a single digit golfer today, Yeamans Hall is not far behind. Most courses are not as tree lined as Harbor Town, so distance is not an issue there, never has been. I dont have any answers but I should not be hitting the ball 30 yards further at 59 then I did in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    You act like you know someone that works for Taylormade or something

Already been in the plant twice dis week..... I love it when they need new lights and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CLEMSONDUCKHUNTER View Post
    HighStrung just got my proxy on all golf matters... Now if someone will answer my hunting questions!
    Haha, I got bored, I tire of political threads.. I'm probably done with hunting this year, I might do my once or twice turkey hunting yearly trips.. but I still fish.

Scattergun, funny, I caught it on the second read. I'm pretty anti sandbagging, kinda why I always stay away from member guests, plus its just one big party. I have a buddy that has asked me to play in his a few times, so I finally broke down and said I'd invite him to ours.. it's still a little while off until our big one