Thread: He Knew

Default He Knew

Hours after USC visit, Dillon recruit Josiah Thompson declares, ‘I know my decision’
    Story by Phil Kornblut, The State • 34m ago

Dillon High offensive tackle Josiah Thompson (6-7 290) visited South Carolina’s spring practice Tuesday. Just a few hours after that latest unofficial visit to USC, he made public that he knows where he wants to play his college football.

Through a tweet, Thompson wrote, “I know my decision now!!” Thompson was joined on the visit by his head coach Kelvin Roller and two teammates.

Thompson met with offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley and new offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, along with head coach Shane Beamer. He watched the Gamecocks’ opening spring practice, and he also went through a photo shoot.

“He had a good time watching practice with Coach Loggains being his first time as the offensive coordinator,” Roller said. “They always roll the red carpet out whenever he comes up there. They’ve just done a job recruiting him. They just showed him a lot of attention. He thought it was a good practice. He’s comfortable up there now. He’s been up there multiple times.”

Roller said that on the road back to the Pee Dee area, Thompson didn’t have that much to say about what was on his mind regarding his recruiting. Thompson also visited USC for a junior day Jan. 21. He was at the Clemson junior day Jan. 28 and was supposed to accompany Roller to Clemson on Monday to watch practice but didn’t make the trip.

Roller was not sure if Thompson had scheduled an official visit with the Gamecocks for their major recruiting weekend planned for June 23.

“I don’t know, to be honest with you. We haven’t talked about that yet,” the coach said. “I know Coach Teasley had talked about possibly bringing him the last week in June, but I’m not sure if that’s been set.”

Thompson named a top six in January of USC, Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Miami. He has said he grew up a Gamecock fan as his father was a walk-on offensive lineman there during the Brad Scott days.

The Gamecocks already have a commitment from another of the state’s top 2024 offensive line prospects in offensive tackle Kam Pringle of Woodland, and they are working on another in offensive guard Blake Franks of Greenville.

Anybody know what the going NIL rate is for girls softball players?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

6-7 290lb what do you think they are feeding that boy at Dillon University?

Whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Anybody know what the going NIL rate is for girls softball players?

Building another dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Building another dynasty.

They look like they may be on the ostarine juice too

She’s a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    She’s a badass.
    She is pretty good but Millie Thompson is a better pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    She’s a badass.
    Yes she is!

Once the tranvertites get in there this is all over. I hate it for women's sake., they worked hard for recognition
    Last edited by centurian; 03-16-2023 at 12:11 PM.