Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Warranty Work

Default Ford Warranty Work

Anyone have any experience with Berkeley Ford for Warranty Work? Or any other in the area? Which would be your choice for replacement of cam phasers? If KRT did Ford warranty work I would take it to him
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I would pass on Berkeley Ford and go to Jones Ford in N Charleston

Family Ford in StG...old Bilton. Jones will take forever to work it in.

Bring it to us and we’ll word it to where you’ll get phasers, chains, and tensioners.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Bring it to us and we’ll word it to where you’ll get phasers, chains, and tensioners.
    Wait you can warranty/recall work on fords? There’s an open recall on my truck currently

Following thread since I got a 2022 F250 powerstroke under warranty.

Sounds like Kevin is your man.

Whatever you do, I would avoid Berkeley Ford at all costs... KRT is right, if you're gonna be in there for phasers, change the rest of it as well.

What's your suggestion? I bought the truck from Berkeley Ford.
    Last edited by ftroop82; 03-14-2023 at 10:32 AM.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

They may be ok for warranty work, but I would make damn sure they have the parts on hand to fix the truck before you ever drop it off. They had a vehicle of mine for 6 months. It needed an ABS module. They tore it apart and then decided to order the part. Well guess what, they couldn't find one.. about 4 months went by before I got a lawyer involved, and they then "found" the part. I got it back, no brakes... Took it back to them after not having it for five months, and it took them another month to fix that issue. Now this vehicle was not under warranty, but the local mechanics wouldn't do the work because the new ABS module had to be programmed to the vehicle and none seemed to have the software. At no point was I offered a loaner vehicle, or compensated for not having a vehicle for 6 months on account of their parts ordering mishap/mismanagement.

Its just my personal experience and opinion, but I will never spend another plug nickel at that place...

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    They may be ok for warranty work, but I would make damn sure they have the parts on hand to fix the truck before you ever drop it off. They had a vehicle of mine for 6 months. It needed an ABS module. They tore it apart and then decided to order the part. Well guess what, they couldn't find one.. about 4 months went by before I got a lawyer involved, and they then "found" the part. I got it back, no brakes... Took it back to them after not having it for five months, and it took them another month to fix that issue. Now this vehicle was not under warranty, but the local mechanics wouldn't do the work because the new ABS module had to be programmed to the vehicle and none seemed to have the software. At no point was I offered a loaner vehicle, or compensated for not having a vehicle for 6 months on account of their parts ordering mishap/mismanagement.

Its just my personal experience and opinion, but I will never spend another plug nickel at that place...
    Daughter had same type issue with warranty work at Berkeley Ford, Wouldnt chance it again

The only choices I have is Ravenel Ford, Jones Ford, Palmetto (STRONG NO, I had similar experience with them as Fireman), or Sumerville Ford.

~Chief Seattle ~

I have no past issues with Jones Ford

Ravenel Ford treated my Father great on an issue with his truck, he was very pleased. Jones Ford did fleet vehicles for a company I worked for and they always got us in and out quickly, but I only have fleet experience with them. I don't have any experience with Palmetto, but I've heard a few stories.

From my buddies experience Berkeley Ford can burn. He ordered a new F150 from them about the time I ordered my 250 from another dealer in 2021. I got my truck in four months and a prompt call when it arrived. He got his truck in about the same time and a similar phone call. When he showed up the following day to pick it up and finance it, they scrambled to locate it and ultimately informed him that they sold it that morning to another buyer. He ended up leaving with a more expensive truck than what he ordered as they had it on the lot with a set of wheels from a slightly used truck to get him in the ballpark of what he ordered. Cold day in hell I would have purchased a vehicle from them but he also had sold his old truck so he was in a bind at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ftroop82 View Post
    The only choices I have is Ravenel Ford, Jones Ford, Palmetto (STRONG NO, I had similar experience with them as Fireman), or Sumerville Ford.
    Did you check with Family Ford in StG? I have several Ford's in my fleet and they have been head and shoulders above Jones. Most recently on my 250 a couple months ago.

If it’s an extended warranty bought through the dealer you purchased your vehicle… any shop can do the repair. In fact, us “shops” can word it correctly for you to get the correct repair with just a 100.00 deductible.
    More fuel = more boost!!

It took berkeley ford 5 days to program a key fob to my truck last week. Thats after they fried my BCM and charged me 1200 later. Literally probably the easiest job you could do, and they effed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    If it’s an extended warranty bought through the dealer you purchased your vehicle… any shop can do the repair. In fact, us “shops” can word it correctly for you to get the correct repair with just a 100.00 deductible.
    That’s great info. I might buy a damn warranty if I can let you fix it.

What warranty you suggest for bumper to bumper….was told a 36k mile b to b warranty for my 20 Denali was like 3400.
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung