Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gator Cup

Default Gator Cup

Any of our resident sporting clay shooters attending?

Might go down for the day Saturday.

Gander will likely be there for the weekend.

Yep, I'm rolling in Thursday. 1st year Backwoods got the Gator Cup and they are getting 765 shooters. There will be lots of vendors onsite if you just want to come check it out. The tournament is open to anyone. You probably won't need any skeet chokes though. When I'm not shooting an event I'll probably be at the Elite mobile showroom.
    Last edited by Gander; 03-13-2023 at 05:38 AM.

I'll may ride over a day or 2 throughout the week, then once on the weekend!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Will it be tough to get around? My son is shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

How does the number or shooters compare to other years/events? Honestly he sticks with SCTP events so we have no idea what to expect crowd wise. Luckily the guys he is shooting with do these types of events pretty regularly.

It's the biggest Gator Cup yet entrants wise. It will be so well run and organized you won't have to worry about a thing.

You won't have any problems navigating around the grounds. Rick will have every detail taken care of before the first shots are fired. Numbers wise it will be the 4th biggest shoot of the year behind Nationals, US Open and Jack Links Cup. It will be a good time whether you are competing or just checking everything out.

Nice, thanks for the info!

https://www.thegatorcup.com/map

Fullchoke and Gander are correct about how well things will run. As long as you have transportation (golf cart, UTV, etc.) you'll be fine.

Bruce, the Kolar gunsmith will be on-site Saturday/ Sunday if you need anything done.

BTW, you should be shooting the main.

Talked with Rick this am, he concurred. Bring some wheels. They do rent golf carts at Backwoods with that many folks not sure if they will have enough with that many folks.

Parking will be out next to the road, and not up behind the pavilion. That is a good hike if you're not in good shape or have any sort of luggage.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

They will not have any carts to rent. They will have an outside vendor renting carts but I'm certain they will all be spoken for by the weekend. There will be shooters coming in from all over the country and many will be flying in.

If you just want to see the vendors and maybe shoot a practice 5 stand or make-a-break, they will be easy to walk to. You will be parking within walking distance to the clubhouse.

750+ isnt that big. youth shoots bring close to that number....
    chris--try not to miss any.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

There will be shuttle carts to get you to and from parking as well to any events

750 is pretty big for a multi day multi event tournament
    600k targets will be thrown

SCYSF events are pretty easy with only 3 courses and a single day event @ 80k targets

Good reliable trappers are the biggest obstacle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That place is like fifteen minutes from our house down there. Anyone who comes down, please PM if you wanna grab lunch or something.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The only difference is they aren't just shooting 1 event then all going home. There are many events going on all week. I'm registered for 600 targets over the weekend and I'm only shooting a small portion of the events. That's what makes it a big blast.

I try not to miss any but that plan doesn't always work out. Fortunately nobody will walk away clean, so I should still be in the hunt.

ok. i take back what I said bc this is big kid stuff, I guess.

enjoy the shoot. should be a good time.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    There will be shuttle carts to get you to and from parking as well to any events

750 is pretty big for a multi day multi event tournament
    600k targets will be thrown

SCYSF events are pretty easy with only 3 courses and a single day event @ 80k targets

Good reliable trappers are the biggest obstacle

Just drop 100k off at the house!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Just drop 100k off at the house!
    We can make that happen!!

Can y’all subsidize these with FDIC money?

I mean if tax payers are gonna pay for all this other stuff they mind as well pay for my skeet habit.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot