Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford 6.7

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    I agree looks a little low.
    I figured it was the only way to get it into the shop.

I thought the CCV filter was a no maintenance. No replace item? Did a service bulletin come out about this?
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC_ducks View Post
    I thought the 6.7 was supposed to be the best since the 99-03 7.3?
    I read the stories on here about the horror stories on all these trucks(all brands) but I still have to wonder how bad the problems really are. I truly mean that because I'm hankering for one bad. I know there's a shit ton of them on the roads when you start looking.
    Last edited by Kioti; 03-09-2023 at 10:24 AM.

Id love to know more about this. Will the in line filter I added mine for fuel system failure save me if this problem happens?

Also I just watched a video talking about this problem and the guy said it started in 17. Mines a 14. Seemed like an easy filter to get at too

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I thought the CCV filter was a no maintenance. No replace item? Did a service bulletin come out about this?
    It’s a maintenance item. It’s not up to Ford to produce a bulletin about replacing the crankcase filter.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    It’s a maintenance item. It’s not up to Ford to produce a bulletin about replacing the crankcase filter.
    Can it be deleted with a catch can?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I would guess that your ppl know that and CHECK/MEASURE that when servicing those vehicles. CCV Filter; who the hell woulduv thunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaweave View Post
    I would guess that your ppl know that and CHECK/MEASURE that when servicing those vehicles. CCV Filter; who the hell woulduv thunks.
    Uhhhhh....

Is this engine set up with the same HP/TQ ratings as the original engine? Do you tune and delete them with the new install? Do you use the old turbos or install all new? What kind of warranty does that new engine come with?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I read the stories on here about the horror stories on all these trucks(all brands) but I still have to wonder how bad the problems really are. I truly mean that because I'm hankering for one bad. I know there's a shit ton of them on the roads when you start looking.
    You still have to wonder how bad the problems really are? Maybe I’m reading into it wrong. I post a lot of informative info. Of course I get business out of it but these posts are not trucks that we see every other month.

We have 2 more 6.7 engine replacements on the lot that have been waiting since Nov.

Ask Feetdown what’s the number one diesel truck(manufacture) he see’s in our shop every time he shows up.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaweave View Post
    Crankcase pressure has been a by product of internal combustion engines since the beginning of time. I remember back in the day my Grandaddy would pull the PCV valve out the valve cover and use is thumb to see if it had suction. 1964 Chevrolet C10

PCV valves/ Crancase Vent Valves (CCV) are maintenance items. Read that little book that comes in the glovebox.

A emissions intact diesel should have it replaced every 60k. On a Cummins at 60k it pops up a light that simply says service.

06B76B5E-B0BC-40D5-A8BA-64A6933EB2FB.jpg
    More fuel = more boost!!

You still have to wonder how bad the problems really are? Maybe I’m reading into it wrong. I post a lot of informative info. Of course I get business out of it but these posts are not trucks that we see every other month.

We have 2 more 6.7 engine replacements on the lot that have been waiting since Nov.

Ask Feetdown what’s the number one diesel truck(manufacture) he see’s in our shop every time he shows up.
    Which one is it?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Power stroke
    Duramax
    Cummins

In that order for the diesel industry.
    More fuel = more boost!!