Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DT and Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Well if we being honest have you seen SOME of our citizens of the Great State of SC LOL

Seriously I honestly have concerns regarding LEO’s and their safety and how folks carrying , without any formal training , will react when a gun is on them .

Just my personal concerns but I will always carry my concealed weapon. I want the CCW permit for when I cross state lines as well
    How long ago did you take that class, and do you think it puts you ABOVE those who have not, in terms of "safety"?

When are you running for office? You'll fit in well. "Govern me harder, daddy!!!!"

DT and TPrice, y'all do know about and have read the studies in states where CC is legal that gun violence has actually gone down and there has been increase in Leo's killing folks or folks killing leos... gasp... who woulda thought.

Well if we being honest have you seen SOME of our citizens of the Great State of SC LOL

Seriously I honestly have concerns regarding LEO’s and their safety and how folks carrying , without any formal training , will react when a gun is on them .

Just my personal concerns but I will always carry my concealed weapon. I want the CCW permit for when I cross state lines as well
    I remember you clutching your pearls when open carry was passed also.

Those people you would prefer not to carry under CC are in fact already carrying if they are so inclined. Carrying without a permit. any training, or permission from the government. Everyone who wants to carry is already carrying permit or not.
    Last edited by centurian; 02-02-2024 at 07:51 AM.

This is exactly the sort of shit that a lindsey graham supporter would say. You should worry more about parking your fucking trailer out of the travel lane and less about the rights of SC's citizens.

Yeah, cause all of the citizens obey all the laws in this state.

Apparently this passed the Senate. I haven't read the full article yet...

https://scdailygazette.com/2024/02/0...97&ceid=550172
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I believe the senate amended the bill and passed it. Now it goes back to the house to approve the amendments.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/billsearch.php Enter bill 3594 into the search bar.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Those people you would prefer not to carry under CC are in fact already carrying if they are so inclined. Carrying without a permit. any training, or permission from the government. Everyone who wants to carry is already carrying permit or not.
    This.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Yep.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 02-02-2024 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I remember you clutching your pearls when open carry was passed also.
    Open carry and constitutional carry scares the closet liberals on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    DT and TPrice, y'all do know about and have read the studies in states where CC is legal that gun violence has actually gone down and there has been increase in Leo's killing folks or folks killing leos... gasp... who woulda thought.
    Do not get me wrong, I completely agree the CC.

Have no issues either way , just it my conversations with LEO's I see the concerns but as one told me today the ones that legally can not carry do not give a shit they gonna do it either way

Personally I will not leave home without my gun on my side but the CCW instruction does cover lot of good information and pitfalls when carrying That is main thing I see

No problem with open carry, keeps me from having to be concerned about concealing even though I do

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    How long ago did you take that class, and do you think it puts you ABOVE those who have not, in terms of "safety"?

When are you running for office? You'll fit in well. "Govern me harder, daddy!!!!"
    Not sure it would make anyone "safer" but does give you a very good understanding of what to do and what NOT to do , CYA basically
    Last edited by tprice; 02-02-2024 at 04:33 PM.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Do not get me wrong, I completely agree the CC.

Have no issues either way , just it my conversations with LEO's I see the concerns but as one told me today the ones that legally can not carry do not give a shit they gonna do it either way

Personally I will not leave home without my gun on my side but the CCW instruction does cover lot of good information and pitfalls when carrying That is main thing I see

No problem with open carry, keeps me from having to be concerned about concealing even though I do

Not sure it would make anyone "safer" but does give you a very good understanding of what to do and what NOT to do , CYA basically
    Hell half of SLED thinks we are gonna have the wild Wild West all of a sudden.

Let me point you to Chicago, New York, California. Man those laws sure are keeping that place from turning into a war zone!

The data suggests that the exact opposite will happen when you have an armed population. All the places that have legalized constitutional carry have seen a decrease in gun violence except for one category. Wait for it......cop killing people has gone up, and in many incidences when you unravel it the person that was shot was innocent. I'm not blaming all cops, I think the whole Sumer of love ran off some of the best and brightest, and what your left with in many incidents are not the sharpest. Hell Dick Durbin wants to employee illegal aliens into our armed forces. That would be the equivalent of Rome highering the visagoths to fight in the Roman Legion. Brilliant idea Dick Turbin!

The hole gun gun gun thing is just a total farce. Be glad people use guns instead of bombs. If all the Middle East fighting should have taught us anything a few determined people and high explosives can do far more damage to a literal army than a 9mm in my pocket can.

And with a few household chemicals, a box of nails, and some rat poison can wreak havoc.

I can kill you with a credit card if I wanted to. I could run over you with a vehicle. I could use a bomb as described before. I don't hear anyone clamoring to ban vehicles, well maybe gas powered ones.....but no one has said anything about sharp drivers licenses or credit cards, I will not list the ingredients, but you tube freely shows them. But no one is saying ban this house hold cleaner, and this ice pack, nails,, or rat poison.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Cliff notes?

SSS

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I have zero faith in our state legislature. But maybe the house will scrub the BS.

TPrice, you're just wrong in this one. Scared of something that will not happen. I carry periodically due to my 2nd amendment right. I don't have a cwp (used to until I smarted up) and I've never been in a shootout with police or had police draw a weapon on me. Your logic is completely flawed. You do you though. Hope you feel safer having "been trained".