Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The One

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Desert Bighorn
    I really am jealous. I don't think I'd get slam happy, but I wouldn't mind doing one of them. My daughter and I hiked some of the Rockies and bumped into a guy that had a RM Bighorn tag and was practicing finding them through a spotting scope. We actually saw some through his scope. I'd never even considered mountain hunting until then but the guy's excitement and passion were a little contagious.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That's a dream trip right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I really am jealous. I don't think I'd get slam happy, but I wouldn't mind doing one of them. My daughter and I hiked some of the Rockies and bumped into a guy that had a RM Bighorn tag and was practicing finding them through a spotting scope. We actually saw some through his scope. I'd never even considered mountain hunting until then but the guy's excitement and passion were a little contagious.
    I've been fortunate enough to go or assist on 4 sheep hunts now and for me there's nothing that compares. It went from something I wanted to do, to something I had to do. Every place i have been there's story after story of guys that waited too long in life, were to old or just quit on the mountain. I won't be one of those, life's to short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

^^ Get it while you can. Congrats on a fine looking Ram.

Congratulations well done

Congrats!

Thats a bucket list hunt.

awesome
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Very nicely done, sir
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Congrats!

Just for curiosity sake, what brand scope did you have turret problems with?

HELL. YES.

Congratulations to you. I know that wasn’t easy. Beautiful animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    That is what I wanted to know, along with the guide's issue. Sounds like he yanked victory from the jaws of defeat just in the nick of time!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Beautiful buck deer, congrats on a dream fulfilled.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

That's awesome
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Wasn’t the scope fault, somehow when I reset the zero stop I either tighten the set screws in just the wrong place on the cap or not tight enough. It just spun freely, no vertical movement and I couldn’t get a single click out of it. I thought no way I broke a nightforce. I keep a hex key in my wallet which of course I left at camp.

And silent my guide got bit by a tick, symptoms showed up in 24 hours.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I'll say a prayer for him. Thanks for answer. Been down that road. Went misdiagnosed for almost 2 years. Still have issues to this day from it.

Man you got lucky. I cant imagine having that beast in the glass, and then having the sinking feeling of not knowing if the turret had moved or not due to it not moving or free spooling. YIKES!!

I have to ask did you have any doubt when you pulled the trigger? Even at 300?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Yes, I had no idea what broke loose and just prayed it was still on zero stop. I was sick but figured as long as it was no more than 2 moa either direction, I was good.

Yes, I had no idea what broke loose and just prayed it was still on zero stop. I was sick but figured as long as it was no more than 2 moa either direction, I was good.
    I can't imagine. I know you had to be glad when you got to him! Glad it worked out for you. Congratulations sir. Well done!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Wasn’t the scope fault, somehow when I reset the zero stop I either tighten the set screws in just the wrong place on the cap or not tight enough. It just spun freely, no vertical movement and I couldn’t get a single click out of it. I thought no way I broke a nightforce. I keep a hex key in my wallet which of course I left at camp.
    Dang that sucks! Glad it worked out. Did you have time to test fire at a rock after you discovered it?

I don't like the extra weight, but I carry a small tool kit with a sectional cleaning rod just in case I clog the barrel. I can't get the "what if" out of my brain.