Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Good Ol' Days"

Default The "Good Ol' Days"

I've heard more than one person refer to them recently. Questions, why are things so much "worse" than they were? Why can't people still talk about hunting and fishing and post pics accordingly? I think that's still an option, as is the ability to simply ignore content that doesn't interest or suit you. Just my thoughts.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

congrats?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

<ignore>

cuz queers are in television commercials now.

One day you'll look back on now as "The Good Ol Days".

Enjoy what you have presently, it's not guaranteed.

Ignoring, is just feminine.. if I have a problem with something that might affect me, I'm going to speak my mind. Society being afraid to have confrontations is in part to blame for the culture we have. I turn the other cheek with most things, I'm a pretty aloof guy. Over the years, the internet hunters have stolen enough spots, places, and flooded our small state with their desire to post pics. Those males should be gatherers. We've had an entire generation that hunts for different reasons, which has changed this site some, and has certainly changed our outdoors. I consider them less than. This site has never been a safe space, it's always been some what crass.. but in a good way, but society has certainly changed it.

The Good Ole Days:

When people would wave when they passed you.
    When people would let you merge into traffic.
    When people would "not" blare the horn at you if you waited 2 seconds before moving on a green light.
    It was something special when you found a Hustler on the side of the road someone threw out.

Todays society is in such a rush and has to have instant gratification.

I'll leave the bastardization of the hunting world to the guys that actually look at all the Gram and TikTok to chime in....

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Ignoring, is just feminine.. if I have a problem with something that might affect me, I'm going to speak my mind. Society being afraid to have confrontations is in part to blame for the culture we have. I turn the other cheek with most things, I'm a pretty aloof guy. Over the years, the internet hunters have stolen enough spots, places, and flooded our small state with their desire to post pics. Those males should be gatherers. We've had an entire generation that hunts for different reasons, which has changed this site some, and has certainly changed our outdoors. I consider them less than. This site has never been a safe space, it's always been some what crass.. but in a good way, but society has certainly changed it.
    All this makes sense to me. And 2th and Tater, it's an honest question. I don't see the big deal in asking?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Let's see three of your best hunting photos with you holding something you killed Bart.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Pretty spot on!

I did #1 and #2 yesterday.

I also blew my horn at someone texting while the light turned green.

Didn't find a Hustler magazine.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    All this makes sense to me. And 2th and Tater, it's an honest question. I don't see the big deal in asking?
    its been asked ad nauseum for decades and the answers are all the same.

its like its groundhogs day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Let's see three of your best hunting photos with you holding something you killed Bart.
    I don't really hunt, good sir, but I fish a little bit. Will that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I don't really hunt, good sir, but I fish a little bit. Will that work?
    You just made his point
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Because you will never kill a limit of wild mallards with their feet down coming into decoys on lake marion again. We used to do it on the regular back along time ago.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Indifference is the best rebuttal. It says to the troll, “i dont care if you live or die. You are bug shit on the windshield of life”without a word. But narcissists can’t pull it off. Nor can most
    men taught to turn the other cheek. Who will you be? Controlled by trolls, disobedient to your god, or in love with yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    You just made his point
    Perhaps I did; sorta felt like a jab, tho.

The context really matters in that w33kender. Pride can be a terrible thing, a sinful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Because you will never kill a limit of wild mallards with their feet down coming into decoys on lake marion again. We used to do it on the regular back along time ago.
    I can remember many days in SC passing Mallards to shoot the daily limit of Black ducks.. then filling the limit with a couple park ducks. I do agree with the comment about Lake Marion. I also remember the times when a limit of ducks in SC was the rule, not the exception.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

If you are speaking in reference to This Site, then your answer is mostly within your question..."Why can't people still talk about hunting and fishing and post pics accordingly?".