Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need to locate buried pvc water line

Read the meter. Call in and have them check for an error with the dude that was smoking weed when he checked yours.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by stant View Post
    Tried the toilet trick, no color after 1 day. CPW says they will change meter. So that should tell the tale. Hoping to contact a private locator that will work around Laurens.
    Sleepy, sure you are correct. But with line under drive if I can trace it to the house I will cap the existing line and run a new one, just do not to back-feed a leak.
    A private locator with GPR is ~$175/hr typically. GPR is the only way to locate your line with a “device” . Normal locating tools will not work on PVC.

Plumber was a no go. CPW is changing meter. Think I have found a private locator with GPR. So saga continues.

Try this, you'll need two people. Go to the hose closest to the water meter and open it. Have someone quickly turn the water at the meter on and off which will cause an audible hammering in the line. You should be able to hear it and track it down. If not just call American leak detection.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

GPR guy is coming Monday. All else failed. New meter is showing usage constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by stant View Post
    GPR guy is coming Monday. All else failed. New meter is showing usage constantly.
    Once they find it, submit a copy of his bill to the water department for a one-time adjustment for the last 3-4 months of excessive usage. That's the way most municipalities do business.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-04-2023 at 09:21 AM.

If you cant find the mystery duck pond, start looking for the tap line your neighbor installed!

My buddy was in college down around Boca Raton Fl. He was renting a house, but came home for the summer. His water bill was more than when he was there during the year.

We thought there must be a leak. So we packed up and drove down to see what was going on. This wasnt some podunk neighborhood either. Turns out his neighbor across the street whom was schytsofrentic manic depressed and some other mental illnesses had stopped taking his meds. I had heard all sorts of wild stories about this dude.

Apparently he had forgot or didnt want to pay the water bill. So the water company turned his water off. What had he done? He wasnt stupid by any stretch of the imagination, but thought much different than you or I.

Instead if just paying the water bill, he had realized my buddy wasnt coming home, so he had gone and bought these industrial strength water hoses that resembled something you would find on an firetruck. He had run them across the street, put cut pvc on top so cars wouldnt hurt the lines and had it back flowing into his house. To the point when we pulled up his sprinklers were running.

Dude was a strange cat. When we confronted him, he said he didnt do it. Then he got mad when we said it wasnt going to stay like that. He started yelling and running around the yard. Some where during all this quite a crowd was starting to observe the mess. The neighborhood was mainly elderly retirees and this is about 2/3 in the afternoon. Everyone knew everyone. Someone called the cops on crazy dude. He was Cuban, or Columbian I cant recall, but had a name to fit like Esteban or Estevez or something along those lines.

Cops show up only their 400th call in the past 2 months my buddy had been gone. They had tried to take him to get back on his meds, but were unsuccessful for what ever reasons. He never did anything to hurt anyone just mischeives things.

Cops make him understand he cant run his house off his neighbors water. Write up an incident report for my buddy to give to the water company. We proceed to undoing this really elaborate water set up.

It's about 6 by now. We are kicked back drinking a beer about to shower and go out. We hear this wild screaming like bobcat & a raccoon got into a fight. We open the door to find Crazy E running around butt naked in the street, he then proceeded to take a dump right in the middle of the road. This time the cops showed back up and hauled crazy E off. We were only there for another 2 days before we headed back. never saw E again.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot