Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow talk

should've given you props but weren't sure you wanted to be in the "I agree with 2thdoc" camp just yet....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    should've given you props but weren't sure you wanted to be in the "I agree with 2thdoc" camp just yet....
    I concur

welcome.

dues are $5000/yr
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Thanks fellas figured getting back into it over thinking it so. Emailed the guy over at a shop and talked to the guy over at hunters headquarters. Ended up going to try a few sets and see what I like best. Price between the arrows with .001 vs .003 tolerance was nothing so got a few and some field points. Gonna throw a few and see what happens.

I did email the guy over at Adams Archery and will talk with him when I settle on something to sling at animal.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Where are you located ?

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Where are you located ?
    Mountville. If you don’t know where that is then Laurens. Ha
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    What’s your draw length?
    31.5”

Only 28”. But it’s good enough for my wife so.

Currently running a 1250 gr arrow. Shoot them in the ass and watch it come out the chest. Waiting for a broadside shot is whack

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to get your Ashby on, ol son!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I just went through this last fall getting ready for my elk hunt for 2023. Started out with some 650gr arrows and didn't like the trajectory. Ended up with RIP TKO V1 250's with 75gr inserts. I think they are right at 500gr with 125gr points. Pulling 75lbs I'm approx 290 FPS.

This is the first time I've shot bows since the late 80's-mid 90's, these new bows and arrow set ups are like cheating.....

PS, I have (6) new Grizzly Stix 650's you're welcome to try.
    What spine are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    What spine are they?
    Momentum TDT® 240 G3 Arrows 6-Pack

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Mountville. If you don’t know where that is then Laurens. Ha
    10-4

Look up Knock Point Archery in Fountain Inn. (864) 238-6852

Mr. Wilson is a great guy and knows his stuff. He runs the archery shop out of his home, but he has everything that you need/want whenever it comes to setting a bow. He also makes his own stings.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    10-4

Look up Knock Point Archery in Fountain Inn. (864) 238-6852

Mr. Wilson is a great guy and knows his stuff. He runs the archery shop out of his home, but he has everything that you need/want whenever it comes to setting a bow. He also makes his own stings.
    Awesome thanks bud!

Ended up just 350g rip tko .003” small diameter. 50g inserts on the front end. 100g field points.
    500g at 28” draw. Gonna go with that set up for awhile and tweak it from there before moving to anything else. HHA single pin sight. Thing shoots like a dream at the moment. Throws them things down range quickly and quietly.

Sounds good.

Ended up just 350g rip tko .003” small diameter. 50g inserts on the front end. 100g field points.
    500g at 28” draw. Gonna go with that set up for awhile and tweak it from there before moving to anything else. HHA single pin sight. Thing shoots like a dream at the moment. Throws them things down range quickly and quietly.
    Solid setup.

Glad she’s shooting well for you! Can’t wait to see the grip n grins.