Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Over-fished Areas?

The Chas nearshore, 60, & any other spot you can get to with a boat under 20ft on the coast near Charleston. Trolling motors, maps unique, & the high $$ bottom machines have caused overfishing off Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Keep talking About your lack of pressure spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear ya, homie. But ain't nobody relocating to the G anytime soon. Big reason we bought there. Water, but no beach = paradise. For us at least.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Yes.

Try not to talk about the ones that don't have a lot of pressure.

The flounder population is hurting.

Can you still catch all of the species that you're targeting? Most of the time yes.

More people than ever fishing a finite resource. With gear and tech that is better than ever.
    This, will add flounder and redfish inshore are hurting.

Use of drones has gotten ridiculous

Yea there are 100s of drone videos on YouTube where people show all kinds of spots. I'd rather find good spots myself so I don't watch them

I wonder if these people know the harm they're causing or they just don't care because the social media dopamine is more important.

There are videos out there with people showing actual spots. Circled on a map image.

In SC, the introduction of the Precision mapped Cmap card along with downscan and sidescan has almost ruined the offshore fishing spots in the freshwater. Fish don't collect up as fast as people think they do.

We found some of those places with a Hummingbird Super Sixty Flasher and throwing alot of buoys 50 years ago.

Within 30 days of the Cmap introduction those spots got hammered.

I imagine accurate saltwater maps will do the same.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-21-2023 at 07:44 AM.

[QUOTE=JimmyD714;3063954]Yea there are 100s of drone videos on YouTube where people show all kinds of spots. I'd rather find good spots myself so I don't watch them

I wonder if these people know the harm they're causing or they just don't care because the social media dopamine is more important.

There are videos out there with people showing actual spots. Circled on a map image.[/QUOTE

Spot burn sucks but what gets me is their use for scouting. I see people shamelessly just flying shorelines and creeks looking for schools or other boats on fish.

Spot burn sucks but what gets me is their use for scouting. I see people shamelessly just flying shorelines and creeks looking for schools or other boats on fish.[/QUOTE]

People do it for hunting spots too. Many states have outlawed it.

I fish Clarks Hill for stripers. The limits are ridiculous. Every guide on the lake takes out 40 fish a day. It's not sustainable. We could have one of the best fisheries in the country if we had common sense creel limits. Murray is on the rebound. It gets more pressure than Clarks Hill but, it's a better fishery. I attribute that to the limits and the 5 and done law.