Thread: Trim tab help?

Default Trim tab help?

I have a 2008 Sea Pro 196, this is not a bay boat and is pretty dang heavy. Has a mercury verado 150. Was looking at trim tabs and see hydrolic and mechanical. There are so many options, id like to stay away from hydrolic if possible, any info on recommendations for brand, where to buy, if its a easy install or is this something that I should let a marina handle? Located in florence TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenco for that size boat

Lenco.

You can install yourself if handy, if not, I'd let boat guy do it.

I've switched them out when actuator went bad, but some people are hesitant to pop holes in boats.

If you do install yourself, 5200 your screws. Not silicone.

Pulling the wire from console to transom for switch might be the hardest thing if you don't have wire pull in place.

Access to the transom wire can be a bear too.

put the controls main working parts or whatever you can in the console.. I've had a few sets of lenco in my Seapro, it's a little larger, but damn it seems like every time I'd somehow get water in the back compartments they'd shit out. Mine have been stuck in a neutral position for probably like eight years now.. I'm cool with it. that boat is not going offshore anymore, it's not going to be loaded up with people, and it lives on the lake a hundred percent of the time.

Bennet Bolts are also great along with the lenco. Larger the tab the better(to an extent), less deflection needed.

Drilling holes and running wire is the hardest part, the systems themselves snap together fairly easily.

Tabs are a great addition and you won’t regret adding them.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 02-20-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Have always liked my Lencos, easy to replace rams when they go bad. Had my action craft converted from hydraulic Bennett’s to the electric and they were nice as well, way better than having an extra pump on a small boat. Whatever you end up doing make damn sure you hook the auto retract up!
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 02-20-2023 at 08:10 AM.