60-calorie row
    50 toes-to-bar
    40 wall ball shots
    30 cleans
    20 ring muscle-ups

♀ 14-lb ball to 9-ft target, 95-lb cleans
    ♂ 20-lb ball to 10-ft target, 135-lb cleans

How many muscle ups did you get?

Zero. I’m out. I ain’t doing those damn wall balls.

I want to watch the CF games when Froenning ID’s as a woman. Just for fun
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

And were they kipping "muscle ups"? If so they don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I want to watch the CF games when Froenning ID’s as a woman. Just for fun
    HA, some of those ladies would run circles around all of us. Froning is a freak of nature. When I was in college I got introduced to CF through meeting him and becoming friends. Guy is just a freak, no other way to put it. I can't tell you how many times I'd feel good about going head to head with him in some CF workout and finishing the first round of deadlifts or something at the same time thinking, "Ok I'm keeping up" then by the time I'm finished with the whole thing he's been resting for 5 minutes lol.

I remember a few times him calling me to see if I wanted to do a 3rd WOD after we'd already done 2 that day. Absolutely not. I've never met anyone who trains as hard as that guy does.

Did you tell him his kipping didn't count?

No because back then I did them that way too

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Zero. I’m out. I ain’t doing those damn wall balls.

I did a mess of those this morning. Not that work out, but the one I did had a lot in 'em.

I'll take the wall balls over the muscle-ups. Gravity ain't fair to us fat kids.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

I did a mess of those this morning. Not that work out, but the one I did had a lot in 'em.
    They're probably easy for you as tall as you are, no? If I remember you're an inch or 2 taller than me. The top part of wallballs were an easy chip shot for me, the squats got old after a lot of reps and my legs would give out long before my arms did on lots of wallballs. Long rang of motion for us lanky guys

And I'm just busting your balls about kipping. I don't do that anymore but doing CF for the 4-5 years I did it was one of the best decisions I made. My strength, fitness, and knowledge of how to lift properly went way up and I enjoyed it.

Except for "Fran" days... and I always did kipping pullups for that workout.

I do think kipping pullups and muscle ups are a bad idea for someone who doesn't have the strength to do it strict. And there is research to back up that belief. Haven't talked to Rich in years but if I ever do I'll tell him kipping doesn't count just to bust his balls a bit.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 02-17-2023 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    And were they kipping "muscle ups"? If so they don't count.
    You're so full of shit. I bet you can't do one bar MU.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    You're so full of shit. I bet you can't do one bar MU.
    This can easily be proven, sir. I'll video 5 strict on rings if you want proof.

Actually, no I won't because I really don't care if you believe me or not.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 02-17-2023 at 01:52 PM.

They're probably easy for you as tall as you are, no? If I remember you're an inch or 2 taller than me. The top part of wallballs were an easy chip shot for me, the squats got old after a lot of reps and my legs would give out long before my arms did on lots of wallballs. Long rang of motion for us lanky guys

And I'm just busting your balls about kipping. I don't do that anymore but doing CF for the 4-5 years I did it was one of the best decisions I made. My strength, fitness, and knowledge of how to lift properly went way up and I enjoyed it.

Except for "Fran" days... and I always did kipping pullups for that workout.

I do think kipping pullups and muscle ups are a bad idea for someone who doesn't have the strength to do it strict. And there is research to back up that belief. Haven't talked to Rich in years but if I ever do I'll tell him kipping doesn't count just to bust his balls a bit.
    Wall ball shots for me are more about lungs than anything else. Always have been. Just fancy thrusters and thrusters can suckit for the same reason. Nowhere to breathe. After my knee surgery any form of squatting isn't fun but it gets done anyway. I can be weak and hurt or strong and hurt so I choose the latter.

Kipping has its place for sure. Depends on the workout goals. For metcons, I kip. For strength/skill work I do strict. Talking pull ups here. And I do palms in and out to mix it up on strength/skill work.

And I can't do muscle ups. Never have been able to. Just something about them I can't figure out even though the individual components of that movement are no problem. Stringing them together has always eluded me. But I survive without 'em.

Gotcha. I don't do CF anymore as I've settled on just calisthenic workouts and really like it. I can do a good number of strict MUs and PUs as well as other variants of gymnastic and bodyweight stuff but that's just because I train that way so often. I was dang close to holding a front lever but an elbow injury set me back. Physical therapy is helping it a lot and I'm about to go full steam ahead on that goal. Getting old sucks but you said it - better to be strong and hurt than weak and hurt.

I can't deadlift or squat as heavy as I used to back in the CF days. Probably most of the guys here who lift can out bench and out squat me. But my pistol squat game is strong!

Crossfit is the best all around fitness program to introduce people to everything you can pursue as part of your fitness goals. I really like that about it. Endurance, power lifts, functional lifts, oly lifts, bodyweight stuff, calisthenics, gymnastic, all of it.

I started in my late 20's and never even knew what a power clean was prior to that. After several years of it I just decided to settle on calisthenics.

From 02/13/2023

For Time:

50 wallballs (20/14)

10 C&J (135/95)

10 DU

40 Wallballs

8 C&J

20 DU

30 Wallballs

6 C&J

30 DU

20 Wallballs

4 C&J

40 DU

10 Wallballs

2 C&J

50 DU

*16min Time Cap

I made it through the fourth set of C&J’s when I realized that high volume wall balls aren’t for me.
    Last edited by Fish; 02-17-2023 at 02:19 PM.

Gotcha. I don't do CF anymore as I've settled on just calisthenic workouts and really like it. I can do a good number of strict MUs and PUs as well as other variants of gymnastic and bodyweight stuff but that's just because I train that way so often. I was dang close to holding a front lever but an elbow injury set me back. Physical therapy is helping it a lot and I'm about to go full steam ahead on that goal. Getting old sucks but you said it - better to be strong and hurt than weak and hurt.

I can't deadlift or squat as heavy as I used to back in the CF days. Probably most of the guys here who lift can out bench and out squat me. But my pistol squat game is strong!

Crossfit is the best all around fitness program to introduce people to everything you can pursue as part of your fitness goals. I really like that about it. Endurance, power lifts, functional lifts, oly lifts, bodyweight stuff, calisthenics, gymnastic, all of it.

I started in my late 20's and never even knew what a power clean was prior to that. After several years of it I just decided to settle on calisthenics.
    If I ever find myself having to do one legged squats in any sort of functional capacity you can rest assured I've ran my carbine and pistol both to slide lock, am in a pile of empty mags and we're in the hand to hand part of my day. Same goes for walking on my hands.

This can easily be proven, sir. I'll video 5 strict on rings if you want proof.

Actually, no I won't because I really don't care if you believe me or not.
    You’re the one who opened the door on this, you stupid cunt.

Men don't call men cunts. Unless they're weak and feminized.

You're a weak man for editing my post. Can't handle what I said in response? Then don't bother me.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 02-20-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Made it to the RMU's at 10:20 but only got three RMU's .