Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2023

Tal got player of the weekend for the Clemson series.

Game one was a doozy that had me a little worried but dang game two. The yard cocks said they are not scared of sec play. Move to 19-1 with a chance to sweep the sec opener tomorrow.

Sanders and Hall were crazy good.

Make that Sanders, Hall, and Mahoney. Of all the things that have fired me up and made me optimistic about the possibility of this being the the beginning of SC's return to the elite program status, one thing from this weekend really stood out. Kingston brought in Braswell, who started last year like the superstar player everyone thought he could be but finished the year in a slump from hell. Braswell obviously couldn't crack the starting lineup this year, and that clearly hasn't helped him gain the confidence needed to get things back on track. It's clearly a mental thing, as sports slumps tend to be, and great coaches know what strings to pull...what positions to put or not put their players in. Kingston called Braswell's number in a do or die situation as a pinch hitter, and the young man delivered the game winning clutch hit. THAT is the kind of voodoo shaman stuff that all great coaches understand, feel, and have the balls to execute. I was in the "fire Kingston and go in another direction" camp last year. Time will tell whether or not he is just catching lightning in a bottle or if he has finally established the foundation and gotten his players in place to return us to the rarified air we were all accustomed to breathing, but so far, so good. A conference play opening sweep away from the friendly confines of Founder's park is huge; the fact that two of those games were 7-inning mercy rule games is freaking outstanding.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

UGA appreciates the mercy. 5 USC homers.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Back to back run rule endings. Woot woot.

Cocks #11. Should be top 10.

It was just UGA. They suck.

Gamecocks got whipped last night.

Yeah they did. That one stings a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    T.P., you remember Chad Roper? Another BHP legend.

Oh yea. His wife in my office other day

As was oldest son. Good people

All 3 kids are GREAT athletes.

Dax now has his own business and Tylis had to give it up due to shoulder/elbow issues.(seems like his Mom said he had been through 7 surgeries dating back to HS years ). Daughter his hell of a softball player

Had all 3 kids in my teen driving school, could not ask for better kids.
    Last edited by tprice; 03-23-2023 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I was wondering if there was a relation there. He's doing good.
    Yep.

Everyone thought he was a Clemson shoe in but they (straight from his Mom and Dad) showed a very little interest UNTIL he committed to USC. Even called Matt to ask why HE let his nephew commit to USC.

Hope young man does well. Great family
    Last edited by tprice; 03-23-2023 at 08:44 PM.

The way Clemson’s entire baseball program has been run for the past 20+ years is why Ive come to despise it now. Wingo and LeCroy are just two legacy or instate guys that come to mind when listing off the mistakes that have been made over the years. I thought Lee was a good hire but he apparently didn’t realize you need to recruit pitchers. Now they’ve hired another yankee that brought back the fucking idiot they fired to hire Lee. Can’t make that kind of stupidity up….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    The way Clemson’s entire baseball program has been run for the past 20+ years is why Ive come to despise it now. Wingo and LeCroy are just two legacy or instate guys that come to mind when listing off the mistakes that have been made over the years. I thought Lee was a good hire but he apparently didn’t realize you need to recruit pitchers. Now they’ve hired another yankee that brought back the fucking idiot they fired to hire Lee. Can’t make that kind of stupidity up….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree completely

Brady Thomas (TLH and USC-big part of USC Natty’s) and Andrew Rash (Westside had great career at Va Tech) and Blair Carson (Westside -ended up being all time HR leader at Anderson Univ) and just some that come to mind as well.

In all honesty I really thought Monte Lee was the answer

Looks like Monte has fired up Carolinas offense.

While Carolina does seem to be doing good, so was Clemson under Lee's first year. Once his recruits came in it started to show. No pitchers, and no small ball. He is a stand at the plate and hit a long ball, or strike out offense guy. Not really a get on base or advance runners by any means. When you have guys that can consistently hit, it works. But that was not the case for Clemson.

Case in point from last year... We had several lead off doubles that never advanced from 2nd base because the next three guys up swung for the fences and struck out. not a single bunt was laid down in the regular season under Lee last year at Clemson. The announcers were even laughing about it in the ACC tourney.

That is what I call a baseball game...

Cocks-9
    Mizzery-8

Hot Dow Bum! If you don’t love college baseball, something ain’t right!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Yessir

What a finish by the cocks