Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North woods law

Default North woods law

Damn what a bunch of assholes. Glad in don’t live in maine or newhampsire. I don’t see how they sell license.

I’m not too fond of most of the ones we have here either…

Let me know when you see a show like that that does not premier a group of assholes.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

The Texas show ain’t too bad as long as you don’t have any pot. The theme is help us so we can write you a citation though. There is plenty of real violation but they don’t show that. Usually something minor.. the New England thing is usually hunting in someone’s backyard but they have big woods they never show. Probably get lost.

Never been hassled by SCDNR but hear some have. Haven’t even been license checked in over 20 years but if on GMA is think it’s everyday.
    Last edited by centurian; 02-14-2023 at 09:03 PM.

I can't watch the show because it ticks me off so bad. They wrote a guy a ticket for riding on his own property with his gun not in a case...on his own property...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Tonight they tracked a guy down for sawing the horns off a road kill. Wrote him a ticket and seized the horns. Happens every day here. I am sure there is a real violation out there. Now they got 10 wardens going after someone for a deer illegally shot with a crossbow.
    Last edited by centurian; 02-14-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Everytime I try to watch that show I get pissed off. Last one I watched, a guy got a ticket for not telling the game warden he was conceal carrying when he was ice fishing. Officer made him dig the little 380 out of his pants pocket underneath his fishing bibs and was lecturing him like a child not to touch the gun as he put it somewhere while he wrote the ticket. They can keep that communist crap up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I can't watch the show because it ticks me off so bad. They wrote a guy a ticket for riding on his own property with his gun not in a case...on his own property...
    Many years ago a friend came down to visit from Massachusetts and we took him dog hunting. He said we brought 10 laws before 9am.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Did he get another invite.

They're no worse than the majority of them here. When they start protecting the resources instead of just trying to figure out a creative way in which they can write a ticket that may or may not be warranted or hold up in court they'll begin to earn some of my respect back, not that they care what I think one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Did he get another invite.
    He had a blast,....he wasn't complaining.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I watch this sometimes and always think what a bunch of jackasses. Saw one where a guy got a ticket for not tagging his elk immediately (probably 30 minutes or so later-taking pictures and basically enjoying the moment). Also in Maine I think, speed limits and registration fines for ATVs.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    The Texas show ain’t too bad as long as you don’t have any pot. The theme is help us so we can write you a citation though. There is plenty of real violation but they don’t show that. Usually something minor.. the New England thing is usually hunting in someone’s backyard but they have big woods they never show. Probably get lost.

Never been hassled by SCDNR but hear some have. Haven’t even been license checked in over 20 years but if on GMA is think it’s everyday.
    Don’t try to duck hunt the Lynches in Lee Co…they will makes something up to ticket you for if they can’t find something within 30 minutes of first contact. They did cut me a break one day by giving me a warning for not having a whistle or “sounding device” on the 12’ boat I was paddling.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Don’t try to duck hunt the Lynches in Lee Co…they will makes something up to ticket you for if they can’t find something within 30 minutes of first contact. They did cut me a break one day by giving me a warning for not having a whistle or “sounding device” on the 12’ boat I was paddling.
    Many years ago I met Jimmy Tindal when I used to hunt over that way. He never wrote me anything but it wasn't for the lack of trying. Having a pfd in a pirogue when you're in knee deep water never made any sense but dang if he wouldn't ticket folks for it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I can guarantee there will never be a show in SC like that.

The DNR wouldn’t be able to make up all their bullshit lies and cover ups if it was on tv…

i had a dnr agent give me some info the other day, when the info got back to the boss my phone started blowing up with the boss trying to find out who told me the info. the info was true, they just didn’t wNt me to know and now they trying to silence the warden that told me.

i’d be embarrassed to work for the scdnr
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    I can guarantee there will never be a show in SC like that.

The DNR wouldn’t be able to make up all their bullshit lies and cover ups if it was on tv…

i had a dnr agent give me some info the other day, when the info got back to the boss my phone started blowing up with the boss trying to find out who told me the info. the info was true, they just didn’t wNt me to know and now they trying to silence the warden that told me.

i’d be embarrassed to work for the scdnr
    You seem to have a real dislike for SCDNR in many of your posts but the posts are always rather vague as to why.

You just need to spill the beans and tell us why
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

In Minnesota their DNR has an auction every year for hunting and fishing equipment they confiscated from people breaking laws. They don't play up there. They take guns, bows, decoys, rods and reels, even your boat.

As far as I knew from my short time living there, that only happened for serious violations like baiting (only baiting bears is legal there), hunting out of season or killing something you didn't buy a tag for, killing over your limit of ducks, etc. Not for stupid stuff like not tagging a deer fast enough.

I lived in MN for two years and hunted and fished all the time and never saw a warden or heard bad things about them.
    and I paid my taxes.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Many years ago I met Jimmy Tindal when I used to hunt over that way. He never wrote me anything but it wasn't for the lack of trying. Having a pfd in a pirogue when you're in knee deep water never made any sense but dang if he wouldn't ticket folks for it.
    Jimmy Tisdale. He checked me three days in a row and asked me for my license each time. I was in a beaver swamp 100yrds from my house. I've always heard he would write his own mother a ticket. He was very nice, as have been all my warden interactions.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I lived in MN for two years and hunted and fished all the time and never saw a warden or heard bad things about them.
    and I paid my taxes.
    I saw a few up there and always had good interactions with them. In 3.5 years here I've only seen them at the public dove fields on opener. Also at a Cat 2, which I basically consider a dove field. Hunted it one time, never again.