Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor Raised Deck Replacement

If you don’t like composite then you haven’t used wear deck. It’s legit. Johnny reb knows what’s up. Wood not in .60 CCA treatment or greater is a mistake… might just take you 7 years to find out.

If we're sticking our pinkies out then I like blue stone on a slab with a nice brick rowlock..

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    5/4 decking in the sun lasts 10 yrs tops even if you treat it
    I can show you mine bout 18 years untreated,---BUT, It's all about the wood
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    5 gallons of hydraulic juice and a roller. Best wood sealer ever.
    Mix a little diesel with it and go
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Go on.... Could this be thinned to go through a pump up sprayer and treat fence posts?

I roll old oil or diesel on all of my trailer decks every couple years
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Giving away trade secrets works you out of a future job.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If we're sticking our pinkies out then I like blue stone on a slab with a nice brick rowlock..
    Same here but I like the old school cracked tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    5/4 decking in the sun lasts 10 yrs tops even if you treat it
    My deckboards have been down around 20 years. I'll probably be replacing them soon. I kept up with the maintenance at first but then slacked off or I may have got a few more years out of them.

I'm going to go back with premium 5/4 treated and I usually use sabre brand deck screws. I'm putting the house on the market in the next year or so and the next guy can worry about the upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    If it was me I would be doing Wear Deck in barefoot sand or barefoot grey.

You can stand on it barefoot all day in the summer without an issue. We have it on the dock at our family place in Garden City. It will also be going on our dock at Lake Murray when it needs renovating.

It is probably 10x what you are looking to spend but it has a lifetime warranty.

https://www.weardeck.com/products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the way to go! These are PVC Type Material encased over Composite Materials. It is very cool to walk on with barefeet. I didn't use it, because I wasn't told about it. My neighbor put it on his dock 9 months after mine was built and I contemplated changing mine, until I saw the cost! As others say, pay once, cry once.

I learned the hard way about Trex and Other Decking like it. Did our Beach House Deck with it, and I have to Pressure Wash it every 2-3 Months to get the Mold/Mildew/Black Stains off it. These products have "Wood Flour" in them, I was told by the Manufacturer, "so it is a normal characteristic for that to happen. We consider that normal maintenance". Normal my Ass, Pain in the Ass and will never buy it again.