Thread: 2019 Ford F150 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost

Default 2019 Ford F150 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost

Anyone have any issues with the cam phasers on the 3.5L EcoBoost engine? Mine just started sounding like a diesel truck (rattle) on first start up in the mornings, but normal after that. Ford dealer said it's the Cam Phasers that need to be replaced.
    Last edited by ftroop82; 02-13-2023 at 03:58 PM.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

Prayers sent
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

That's most likely the culprit. I'm assuming it's out of warranty? I don't know if they gave you a price, but I would talking to KRT.

It's still in the Ford 5 year 60,000 mile power train warranty (per dealer) and I also bought the Ford Premium Extended warranty when I bought the truck. If it was out of warranty I would definitely be calling KRT.
    Last edited by ftroop82; 02-13-2023 at 04:51 PM.
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

That’s how it starts. Then they replace them, a few months later it starts again and starts burning a decent amount of oil, then it starts knocking all the time. Now you replace the motor. Not just the ecoboost doing it, my 5.0 is doing it and will probably require a motor replacement, when they can get it in next month.
    For the ducks