Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coupla of my favorite pics so far

rubber head, you definitely haven’t over stepped. i hardly edit my pics anymore, my girlfriend took those of me and she edits most of her pics. she’s more educated on this stuff than i am. thank you kindly for the tips. normally i just turn my camera on and snap a few here and there during the day
    i wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Great photos. I know you didn't ask but...

One of the simplest things you can do to make a photo "pop" is to adjust the levels where you have some true "blacks" in your photos and lighten up the lightest parts of the photo to near pure white.

If you have a photo editing software use the "Levels function" then pull your black slider under the histogram until at least some of the pixels in the photo are represented as a pure black. This is the black slider on the left side of the Levels function in the picture below. Then pull the white slider until it eats up some of the dead space in the white side of the histogram. I over did the whites a little so show that blown out whites aren't as pleasant in a photo (in my opinion) as some pure blacks. The blown out sections are right in front of the guy's elbow and on the righthand side between the cows and the fence. Again, my opinion, increasing saturation ruins a photo so I seldom use the saturation function but it's one of the first things new photographers do. I hope I haven't overstepped my boundaries.
    Idlewild will be along shortly to whip your ass.

Great stuff. This is a year that you'll remember the rest of your life, along with many lessons you'll carry with you. I did a couple of similar things and I still have several friendships from those years along with the memories.

Keep up the fine job!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Living the great life!!! Thank you for sharing!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

And I thought the story about Ray was cool.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I enjoyed those David!
    Hope all is well buddy

He's living his dream. Was mine till I met my baby doll in 9th grade. It was over then
    Bluetick