Thread: Browning A Bolt - Trigger Work

Default Browning A Bolt - Trigger Work

I'm looking to lighten the trigger pull on this gun. I've looked at YouTube and it seems straightforward. Remove trigger guard and loosen the flathead screw (turning righty tighty, seems opposite but....). I don't have a tool to measure the pull weight now and don't know what I want to get it to, it's just a heavier pull now than I want. Is this a job for a novice or a gunsmith? Would buying a Timney in 2.5 lb make more sense and having a smith do the work?

As always, your help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Just change the spring and be done with it. Bought the set with 2 springs. 1-2# and I believe 2-3# Installed the 1-2# in about 10 mins and been rocking ever since. Single best thing I did to my a-bolt.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I have done this with 4 different A Bolts. You can either order springs and replace, or do as I did and clip a half coil off at a time until you get what you want.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Did yall accomplish this simply by backing the spring screw out all the way and replacing the spring?

sasha and abby sighting
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.