Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grillin whole chicken and ideas for large amounts of duck breast

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I usually put ketchup or sweet baby rays on mine
    or?
    you know you use both at the same time. just come clean. you're among friends here....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    or?
    you know you use both at the same time. just come clean. you're among friends here....
    Bro hug
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I'd take those whole chickens and cut them into 8 pieces and fry them.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I'd take those whole chickens and cut them into 8 pieces and fry them.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    3-4 lb chicken, cut in halves at 225 for 3 hrs. Hit with vinegar bbq sauce every 20 min after the first hour. Your welcome.
    What he said, season the shit outta em and mop em with some sauce toward the end

Picking back up on this…. From the chef that made the dip I was trying to figure out: (he is using farm ducks)

The dip style you had is made from confit(slowly cooked) leg meat. About 1# cooked with about 1 cup grated muenster (or other creamy)cheese, 1 1/2 cup mayo, 2 Tbsp. garlic powder, 2Tbsp. Granulated sage powder, and bread crumbs(regular or Panko) on top. Bake 20 min.
    For breasts, depending on your taste, sweet usually is best. Savory type sauces tend to be too heavy and mask the flavor.
    I have found that cooking breast by itself is best, and adding sauce after. If u try to cook breasts in sauce, tends to overcook.
    To cook breasts: Salt and pepper skin side, and sear in oven proof skillet or pan. Cast Iron is ideal for this. Medium heat without flipping till skin is golden and crisp,about 6-8 min. Put pan in oven at 400°, about 10 min for good medium cook. Still pink, but not rubbery. If you dont like pink, a little more time. All this done, skin side down, meat up. Let rest out of oven before cutting.
    Easy sauces: Hoisin sauce and honey, mix and simmer 20 min(Asian flare)or...Orange preserves, or apricot jam mixed with a little cream. These are more like glazes than sauces.
    Another popular way is, once you take duck out, add some apples to pan with brandy and cream. Cook 5 minutes, 2Tbsp honey at end. Awesome.
    Same techniques with mushroom or onion and red wine for a non sweet, savory sauce. If you have whole duck, then it gets tricky. Sear as much of it as you can, and roast at about 300°, for about 40-50 min. Difficult because its hard to cook darkmeat, without over cooking breasts.
    If you just have a bunch of meat off the bone. Toss it with salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese, and use it as a stuffing for tomatoes or whole peppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord could you have posted this in the am???

I think Harris Teeter closes at 11, I only have Quarter of these ingredients on hand, and this sounds absolutely delicious.

I swear you, you make me cook more with these threads than should be legal.

But thank you.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot