Thread: Wood floor in basement concrete floor

Default Wood floor in basement concrete floor

I’d like put use some reclaimed barn wood for my floor in the basement. Can I seal the concrete then use my barn wood on the floor? How do I do it?

You need to check the moisture in your concrete before you do anything.

Most basement floors will retain a lot of moisture and you may need to put an epoxy down versus a generic concrete sealer.

You can install the wood on sleepers or you can plywood the entire thing before you put down the barn wood. You have a bunch of work ahead of you in order to do it correctly.

I'd do lvp on the floor and do the walls or ceiling with the reclaimed stuff

Yep, to both above. Barnwood will need to be milled too with a T&G so it makes a 1/2 way decent floor. Red Guard over sleepers/subfloor lots of ways to do it. LVP is the best options.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    That's right.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    What evel knievel said
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Bunch of fun suckers around here. I don’t mind the hard work and would plan to do it right but maybe I’ll just do LVP if y’all don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Learn me on LVP on concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    Bunch of fun suckers around here. I don’t mind the hard work and would plan to do it right but maybe I’ll just do LVP if y’all don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Learn me on LVP on concrete.
    Kardean or Coretech. Put underlay under if you want it, if not, lay floor.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013