Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes to IOP Marina fees ???

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Private landings are high on the list of things I am thankful for.
    100%... I wouldn't ever be on the boat if I had to rely on public ramp access.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Guide friend down there advises new owner putting in rental boats. I don’t know if ultimately he will but he basically doubled guides’ dockage and is raising ramp fee. The new fleet of rental boats should make the waterway much safer and more enjoyable.
    That combined with the 45 min long NWZ during the summer is why I very seldom run up north these days. If there's not enough water to run through Gray Bay I don't even bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    New owners claim that the ultimate goal is to “increase the availability to water recreation for everybody.” They plan to expand the docks at IOP and increase the boat rentals. Total bullshit catered towards the transplants and tourists. They’re doing this at all the other marinas they’re buying. Basically trying to monopolize water access.
    But on another note our property value down there is going through the roof

IOP damn sure ain’t what it was when my parents bought first house down there in early 1970’s but whether I like it or not it ain’t gonna change

Just hope Sunny Ledfurd does not write song about IOP LOL

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    I guess they have to pay for all that new dockage somehow. This will already make the cluster fuck that is Garris Landing even worse. The worst thing they ever did there was add a floating dock.
    Moore’s landing and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    That's because kayakers are the cyclists of water. They think they own the place.

I always pull my kayak aside to let a boat back down the ramp before I go park my truck. I'll just give them a heads up that it's down there. They appreciate it as opposed to the kayakers leaving their crap around and blocking the lane for anyone backing a boat in.
    Thank you, anyone that uses a ramp should have the courtesy to be as efficient as possible.

It is primarily the commercial operations doing the abuse

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Thank you, anyone that uses a ramp should have the courtesy to be as efficient as possible.

It is primarily the commercial operations doing the abuse
    I remember a time in college where a friend locked his keys in the truck on the ramp middle of summer weekend at the wappoo cut
    I gave him hell about that forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk