Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing SC duck hunter, maybe?

Default Missing SC duck hunter, maybe?

This seems to be turning into quite a story. Not sure how I ran across it today but was blown away by a lot of the happenings

https://carolinafishandhunt.com/?fbc...ibextid=5zvaxg
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Sad story, saw something about this on another site. Actually thought it was SCD but guess it was not

23 yr old kid.

Prayers sent

Just read through it looking for updates.

Not sure what is going on but here is link on THT Some serious questions/allegations if this is all true

https://www.thehulltruth.com/carolin...ter-nmb-3.html
    Last edited by tprice; 02-05-2023 at 06:37 AM.

The lack of news media coverage with an interview from the last known witness that was picked up on the jetties sent up the first red flag for me.

I'm not familiar with those jetties but if my vessel is taking on water to the point I'm in imminent danger I'm beaching it on the rocks to attempt to stay out of the cold water as long as I can. You don't just disappear if you're wearing a float coat or lifejacket.

Has anyone noticed that it was all family or close friends that found items floating in the ocean? waders, decoys, etc.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I hunt solo all over the country, I pray that if I ever go missing all of you conspiracy theorists can keep your opinions to yourself until my family has some sort of closure.

There’s a ton of twist and turns to this one. I haven’t formed an opinion either way but some of the actions do seem very odd.

Closing the gofundme page because it was causing too much stress on the pregnant wife?

Pregnant wife updating and changing the gift registry online?

Just don’t believe an online registry would be on my mind at all if my spouse was missing for going on 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    There’s a ton of twist and turns to this one. I haven’t formed an opinion either way but some of the actions do seem very odd.

Closing the gofundme page because it was causing too much stress on the pregnant wife?

Pregnant wife updating and changing the gift registry online?

Just don’t believe an online registry would be on my mind at all if my spouse was missing for going on 2 weeks
    2 weeks and cold temps, at what point do you move on? Just saying life has to go on at some point.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 02-05-2023 at 10:06 AM.

i Don't think grief is something that just "moves on" after two weeks buddy.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I hunt solo all over the country, I pray that if I ever go missing all of you conspiracy theorists can keep your opinions to yourself until my family has some sort of closure.
    Do you have some kind of system to let others know where you will be/are incase something happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippedtoe View Post
    2 weeks and cold temps, at what point do you move on? Just saying life has to go on at some point.
    Grief isn’t something that you just move on from so fast especially in 2 weeks without any form of closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Conspiracy theory or not, this story doesn’t add up just like the Murdaugh thing that so many people couldn’t put a finger around.
    Last edited by KRT; 02-05-2023 at 10:38 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    i Don't think grief is something that just "moves on" after two weeks buddy.
    That’s not what I’m saying at all. I simply meant bills still have to be paid, children still have to be cared for, and you still have to prepare for the child that is coming. Losing a husband would certainly change some of the things you would or wouldn’t need in a registry. That’s all that I am saying. Of course grief of a loved one never moves on fully. We learn to live with it really and some times it shows it’s nasty head more than others.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 02-05-2023 at 10:39 AM.

What krt said
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I simply meant bills still have to be paid, children still have to be cared for, still have to prepare for the child that is coming. Losing a husband would certainly change some of the things you would or wouldn’t need in a registry. That’s all that I am saying. Of course grief of a loved one never moves on fully. We learn to live with it really and some times it shows it’s nasty head more than others.

I mean without knowing any details or what the man had with him at the time of his disappearance, if he ended up making it to land he could easily survive for 9 days.

I just believe my focus would still be on finding him, and I dang sure wouldn’t be turning down any resource that was being offered the way it seems this family has been

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I simply meant bills still have to be paid, children still have to be cared for, and you still have to prepare for the child that is coming. Losing a husband would certainly change some of the things you would or wouldn’t need in a registry. That’s all that I am saying. Of course grief of a loved one never moves on fully. We learn to live with it really and some times it shows it’s nasty head more than others.

I agree however when you read the story something just does not add up IF all this stuff is accurate but who knows

If he truly is missing prayers for his family , if not he truly is a POS

Guess time will tell

A non-boater/non-duck hunter friend of mine is captivated by this story. Without knowing much about it, I told him all boat under 20' have positive floatation and asked him if the boat was found. he stated it was reported sunk. He asked would the waders drowned him, I said those waders would not and would add to thermal warmth and I would never take them off if I was in the water.

These questions kept going and going when I realized that almost everything did not add up and like that had been mentioned, complete silence from his boating companion/survivor is very strange in this media crazed world. If he was lost to the water, God's Peace to him and his family. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Hope for closure for his family. That being said after 23 years in the Coast Guard, never pulled a body out of the water wearing a float coat or life jacket. I know we can all arm chair quarterback the situation but if I was in a small boat taking on water off the beach I would drive the boat onto the beach, at least try.

The number one issue is the lack of information about what actually happened. I’m amazed that there are certain details that don’t have concrete answers. I think the family could have done a press release and stopped some of the speculation and theories. Their silence has made this thing turn into a circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if all these people were giving their time to search for my husband, I don’t think I would have went out of town this weekend. Entire thing is odd.

North Myrtle called off the search

Crews said "it is with a heavy heart that at this time we are suspending the daily searches. Our crews are exhausted and need to return to their families and jobs."
    Last edited by KRT; 02-05-2023 at 11:33 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    Hope for closure for his family. That being said after 23 years in the Coast Guard, never pulled a body out of the water wearing a float coat or life jacket. I know we can all arm chair quarterback the situation but if I was in a small boat taking on water off the beach I would drive the boat onto the beach, at least try.
    Supposedly they were on the scene within 9 minutes. A lot can happen in 9 minutes I know. But…..
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Supposedly they were on the scene within 9 minutes. A lot can happen in 9 minutes I know. But…..
    If I was wearing neoprene waders or a float coat or both I'd pray you'd find me alive after 9 minutes in cold water or at least find my body should I die from hypothermia. (odd that this fella wasn't wearing his waders while duck hunting and battling 4' seas but reportedly was wearing a float coat and he still vanished??? ) Folks ask why I (and others) run 100-200 yards off the rocks on the Mississippi river, one is to try to run the leeside of the wind and two, that's the first place to ditch the boat to avoid ending up in 47 degree water.

Fellas, please WEAR a bright safety orange life vest, attach one of the FREE keychain whistles that SCDNR Boating gives out to each life vest on your vessel and one step better, buy a life vest with reflective tape sewn in. I never could understand a camouflage life vest.....I want my kids, friends or myself to be seen from miles away.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 02-05-2023 at 12:46 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill