Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Your Dentist Doesn't Want You To Know...

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Are ice baths one of the ancestral tenets you need to get jacked?
    I guess. If they are I’ll never achieve jackdom.

They're hip in Slovac countries. I had a friend text me a video from a mission trip recently. I get all worked up thinking about living in that grey climate

I’m a couple weeks in. There have been some benefits. Instead of one of those 1,000.00 ice barrels, I bought a stock tank from Tractor Supply for 115. It holds water.

I just wait for my wife to touch me in the am. Same benefits with out all the ice and water. Woman must have been a mortician in another life. To be so sweet she has ice water running through her hands and feet.

Our youngest got to where he didnt want her to change him. As he matured and was able to communicate better he would hold his hands up point at her and utters some gibberish, but you could make out "cold" all while shaking his head in a "no" manner.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    ice baths
    On purpose? When you didn't trip on a log? Frick that noise...

still aint clicked on it and sure as fuck not sitting in an ice bath bc someone on the internet said it was good for me....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Right? "Gee, I just got out of an ice bath and feel better!" No kidding. The principal part being that you are no longer in a damn ice bath...

I used to surf in the winter in a wetsuit, then I got smart and only surf in the summer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Made the mistake of getting in an icy tube immediately after football practice in the 11th grade. Quads completely knotted up in seconds. Contorted myself like a fish on a hook to push myself out of that icy hell. Who knew lactic acid and cold water caused cramps? Reality was a brutal teacher that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    still aint clicked on it and sure as fuck not sitting in an ice bath bc someone on the internet said it was good for me....
    Now we're gettin' somewhere. C'mon. You can mash it. You want to. you NEED to...

I'm working on my breathing.
    I swear i'd been doing it right but woodie found me a link to "PROVE" i've been breathing wrong for 50 something years....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.