Thread: Scheduling a Global Entry renewal interview?

Default Scheduling a Global Entry renewal interview?

My Global Entry will expire in April this year. I already paid to renew and have conditional approval. A colleague sent in his renewal fee and was immediately renewed with no interview required. I am trying to schedule an interview but it is quite frustrating. There are no in-person interview sites in SC. The closest to me are Atlanta and Charlotte. They don't have any appointment available this year.

They offer an option to do it via Zoom. I am trying to do a search for the first available appointment but after watching the little status arrow go round and round, it never comes back with an appointment. The calendars appear to be booked up all through this and next year, maybe even farther. These people could coach ATF on slow-walking an application. Does anyone know how to game this system and get my renewal approved?

Look up other locations and see if there are any times you can schedule there. To my understanding all of those interviews are at airports so you really can fly in anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

I believe you can do the interview upon re-entry if you have enough time.

You need to check it constantly. I had the same problem and started looking every morning, multiple times. A zoom interview will pop open, but they get snatched up very quickly. It took about 3 minutes when I finally got on the zoom.

You cant schedule the zoom to my knowledge. The easiest thing to do is to interview upon your next reentry. Im doing this later in Feb when I return from Mexico.

There is a strong possibility that there will be one here in Charleston next month.

I haven't traveled internationally in quite some time so this is great info... following.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I just ordered a web cam so I will be prepared to do a Zoom call and I'll keep trying to catch one.

SCDkhntr, Can you tell me where to find any info on them coming to Charleston? I had my original interview at the Gaillard Center years ago. I think Tecklenburg arranged for CBP to do them here back in 2019.

I've got an international trip coming up but only have a 1.5 hour layover at JFK. I might could change flights to give me a 5 hour layover but there is still no guarantee they'll take a walk-in.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    You cant schedule the zoom to my knowledge. The easiest thing to do is to interview upon your next reentry. Im doing this later in Feb when I return from Mexico.
    You can do a zoom. That's how I did my renewal. I tried to renew on entry in Atlanta and the agent wasn't in that day. There was no way to confirm when they would be there.

Mobile passport is a free app. Look it up. At many airports I’ve done it. I’m through the line as quickly as the global entry people. All the app does is allow you to answer all the questions on the app on the Immigration form you used to fill out by hand. Now you go to a kiosk and do it and get a printed out form after you get off he plane. The app which you’ve already stored you passport in allows you to do it and gives you a scan code. When you roll off the plane global entry goes to their scanner, the whole rest of the plane waits to use the regular ones kiosks to answer their immigration questions get pic and print out to then go wait to see the ICE officer. You go straight to the front of the line and see the immigration officer because you already did it on the app. If it’s one or two international trips a year to the Bahamas Caribbean, Canada where you fly out of ATL, Miami, Detroit, Mn or such, this is all you need. A lot of international travel, global entry, and works everywhere.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDkhntr View Post
    There is a strong possibility that there will be one here in Charleston next month.
    Like a one day thing or setting up a permanent office at the airport?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Just a few days.

Could you just fly in to Mexico and walk over?

Global entry Appointment Scanner app. It texts you when someone cancels their appointments. You will have an appointment within two days in Atlanta or Charlotte.

Maybe I should have just come here for advice when I started this a few months back. Lol. I just gave up and adjusted my flights to do it on reentry. I had no idea there was app that would alert you or if you check on the top of every minute you could get different results. Sounds about right for the .gov

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Maybe I should have just come here for advice when I started this a few months back. Lol. I just gave up and adjusted my flights to do it on reentry. I had no idea there was app that would alert you or if you check on the top of every minute you could get different results. Sounds about right for the .gov

I’d get the app and try to get it anyways so you don’t get screwed on reentry like I did.