Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marathon in April

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is Permit.

April is a fine time to catch one. If it isn't snotty weather, wreck fishing for spawners can produce a big Permit. Flats are always an option to sight fish with live crabs. One of my favorite Keys fish to target.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Try Coffin’s Patch for snorkeling. My crew always seemed to like it a little better than Sombrero. I feel there is a little less current there.

Quote Originally Posted by rglover View Post
    Try Coffin’s Patch for snorkeling. My crew always seemed to like it a little better than Sombrero. I feel there is a little less current there.
    Appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Marathon in April

Going good so far guys. Fishin on fire.
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 04-11-2023 at 08:49 PM.

Honking today for sure...we got offshore on Sunday and caught a nice pile of blackfin on the marathon hump. Bite stunk until most boats left...Kids had a blast, but got our butts kicked on the way back in...got them on a mix of jigging, then trolling once the sargassum cleared. Pink Jaws tuna feathers caught 90% of fish on the troll. Pile of yellowtails yesterday nearshore...today was a key west day.

Don't overlook the 150-200ft range.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Here now and this wind sucks. Hopefully it will lay down later today.

Had a good boat day monday. Snorkeled mostly and rode all around. Today is Key West. Hope to have full day boat days thurs-fri.

Prayers sent for you having to endure that fag factory today. I went one time when we were in Marathon a couple years ago. I'll never go back. I'd rather spend a day in Sumter otw to a week in Myrtle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Prayers sent for you having to endure that fag factory today. I went one time when we were in Marathon a couple years ago. I'll never go back. I'd rather spend a day in Sumter otw to a week in Myrtle Beach
    Definitely not my idea. I am sure the beer will be cold.

Key west was key west. Dont want to go back.

Had a good day today snorkeling and fished a little. Caught some yellowtail snapper which entertained the kids and I netted a couple dozen ballyhoo which I have never done before. Went out to 200 ft and live baited for maybe an hour no hits. Have no idea what I am doing down here.
    Been challenging to fish like I envisioned with the crew I have. 4 kids, 4 adults. No one knows shit really other than me.
    Thought I was going to try to tarpon fish the bridges this afternoon but I was worn out. People are catching them.
    Might go to contents keys tomorrow but still working on figuring out the best route.

Content is beautiful but so is snipes. Snipes would be easy if you put in at the Boca Chica ramp by the old Murray’s marine.
    12 miles all back country. Airship this weekend will make for a busy sandbar on both I imagine.

0BE78C08-7706-4C93-82DF-08974F1A658E.jpg
    65E22970-B315-4065-8E1E-0B963D3E732B.jpg