Thread: Toyo RT Trail

Default Toyo RT Trail

I swear my next job is going to be a Toyo sales rep.

The new Toyo RT Trails just hit. Basically AT 3 sound and ride with a tad of Open Country MT traction.

“ Though it doesn't carry the three-peak mountain snowflake like the A/T III does, the R/T Trail was engineered to be more aggressive in looks and performance without losing many of the A/T III's desirable attributes, such as on-road quietness, wet braking, and handling, while delivering increased traction and capability in mud, sand, gravel and deep snow. The R/T Trail also adds a thicker rubber layer on the sidewall for increased puncture resistance.”

So Boozer sent me a text and said he wanted another set of Toyo AT3. I told him about this new tire and he said he trust me. With that being said, he got the very first set I sold. 35 12.50 18s. Can’t wait to see how these perform against the Nitto Ridge Grapps. Same company but I feel like it will be a better tire.

E7F251DA-8270-4E95-A000-D79B5E0C70AF.jpg

75CE7EDC-2331-4E49-AAAC-685C9F82C90E.jpg
    More fuel = more boost!!

What’s the largest size you could throw on a stock 2020 trail boss without rubbing? Got some tax money I need to get gone!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Those look way better than the old Toyo R/T.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Those look way better than the old Toyo R/T.
    Agreed
    More fuel = more boost!!

I loved my RTs. Got a lot of miles out of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

What’s the price point on these? For 35r 20s?
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 03-02-2023 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    What’s the largest size you could throw on a stock 2020 trail boss without rubbing? Got some tax money I need to get gone!
    35s supposed clear. We could go down to a 295 70.

I have a 4 inch kit with lifted struts for an AT4 of Boss I’d let go cheap
    More fuel = more boost!!

35x11.50 ridge grapplers clear with no rubbing but it’s close. A more aggressive tire in that size might rub slightly.

You can remove the factory mud flap and remove the mud flap bracket that’s behind the wheel liner, then zip tie the liner back if you want extra clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post

275/65r18 is what I got now. Can’t do a lift I’m short wife is even shorter. Any higher up and I’m jumping in the truck hahaha. Let me know when you get some more in and a price installed. Want some that’ll fill in the wheel base without rubbing.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I loved my RTs. Got a lot of miles out of them
    I’m still trying a lot of miles out of mine.

275/65r18 is what I got now. Can’t do a lift I’m short wife is even shorter. Any higher up and I’m jumping in the truck hahaha. Let me know when you get some more in and a price installed. Want some that’ll fill in the wheel base without rubbing.
    I have plenty. Call me Monday 803-358-9185 or shoot me your #
    Last edited by KRT; 03-03-2023 at 06:13 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Any 37x12.50-20’s showing up?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Wonder if they stay quiet when you get some miles on them. My Ridge Grapplers on the F350 are getting noisy at 25K and losing a good bit of ride quality.

Torn between this one at the AT3 for the next set. Got Grabber AT’s on the 150, might have to switch them out early.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post

Talk to me about that lift