Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Toof and I are head down in the sand.

Might be the weak wifi down here.
    i cant see it either.
    and none of sw338s memes.

I'm cool with it
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    2th’s been telling y’all about them kids and cell phones .
    some day....soon....i will be proven right.

heard an interesting analogy to cigarettes. cant remember if I shared it here or not, but we chastised smokers. gave em their own area. cant smoke on a plane or in a restaurant. its a health hazard. same can be said for social media. people will start listening to the data that is showing our kids are fooked. start pushing them in the corner. social media will be done away with.

maybe someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I can't see a dang thing you post.

I thought we had IT folks on payroll around here.
    I can't see any of JABs tweets on my phone. I can see them on my laptop,....which I very seldom use.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    Little shit should learn not to fuck with grown people.
    I think he might have just learned this lesson.

Have one buddy who might have shot said kid if snake were thrown in his truck.

These kids and pranks are going to be issues.

He's not a fan of snakes, lightning when offshore, and sharks. Hahaha

We did dumb stuff but didn't have videos of us doing it.
    Last edited by scdiver; 02-01-2023 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Would the “hero” husband have had the same heart if the perp were a grownt-ass man?
    My first thought as well, then I wondered how many times the husband and or wife have told the kid to leave them/ her alone? I don't do tik tok, but I've seen some videos on YouTube where these "pranksters" are literally putting their lives in their own hands.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    People are just wound so tight nowadays, one little thing and they will blow their top.

I did stupid stuff when I was a kid. How many of y'all have scared someone with a fake or dead snake? Tied fishing line on a dollar and messed with people at the movie theater? Sprayed some fart spray in a crowd? We used to hide in the bushes and throw ripe persimmons at cars when they drove by in our neighborhood. Kids are kids, they do dumb stuff.

If I got caught, the 'adults' in those scenarios walked or drove my terrified arse home, let my parents know what happened and it was handled with a swiftness by my parents. The people were pissed, but knew it wasn't their place to discipline me. Not many reasons for a grown man to lay hands on an unknown 12 year old unless he is putting someone in imminent danger, which did not appear to be the case in this situation.
    I think the funniest shit I did as a kid was leaving duct tape on the road for folks to pick up in their tires or setting a cardboard car silhouette in the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I think he might have just learned this lesson.

Have one buddy who might have shot said kid if snake were thrown in his truck.
    That is how I learned. At the end of a 7X57 rifle barrel as I was advancing on an older gentleman with a blacksnake. "I will try not to kill you, but Son, I will damned sure wound you"...

Play dumb games, win dumb prizes.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

Cell phones didn't exist when I was 12 and stupid(er). Thank goodness. One night we were hiding in a plum thicket throwing plums at passing cars. Some would keep going and others would slam on the brakes. One slammed on the brakes and when I ran out of the back of the thicket a full-grown man showed me where the ground was. I managed to get up and haul ass. I never told my parents because the 2nd beating, and the loss of privileges would have commenced. The angry old codger (not really but we though he was) lived in the neighborhood, and we tortured him regularly after that. (Water balloons, bottle rockets, ring and run, etc) Then I moved away. The End.
    Last edited by We Jeep Inn; 02-01-2023 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Where’s the video of said snake prank? Surely that’s somewhere online. All I see is a kid videoing someone in a car. You push my kid down like that and I’ll end you.
    Need to see what happened before the video started to be sure but from what I can see, I agree 100%. Some grown ass man bulldogs my 12 year old at full speed for a harmless, potentially good natured prank, one of us will be spending at least one night in the hospital.

one the flip side, if the kid was being aggressive, some manhandling would be sufficient. Rub his nose in some shit style. Football tackling, not so much. Lucky he went down like he did and didn't split his skull open.
    Last edited by everlast; 02-01-2023 at 06:26 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

If he’s got sense he’ll learn from this event. The youngin that is, no hope for the grownun
    Last edited by BuckyTownsend; 02-01-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Would the “hero” husband have had the same heart if the perp were a grownt-ass man?
    The more "grownt-ass" the threat, the more dangerous the potential threat would be.
    A more lethal defense may be warranted.

The boy and his dad are both POS.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 02-01-2023 at 11:24 PM.

Calling a 12-year-old a POS? And his father, whom we know absolutely nothing about? Classy and well thought-out.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The other night, I heard some kids excitedly screaming and looked out the window and saw the neighbor kids running back across the street and poorly hiding behind trees and other landscape features. I chuckled and went back about my business A couple minutes later my next-door neighbor texted me and said he just got DDD’ed and asked if they got us. I said no, and we hand a little laugh about it. Sounds like my response should have been to go outside and tell them where to go while peppering them with birdshot.
    Last edited by wskinner; 02-02-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Read more about story. If what I read is correct, think it was actually a group of kids and they had been around the car harassing her as well. She had her small kids in car with her and was legit scared. Beeping horn trying to get her husband’s attention and get the kids away. Husband had no clue what was going on other than they were messing with his family. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Calling a 12-year-old a POS? And his father, whom we know absolutely nothing about? Classy and well thought-out.
    Just because you are ill informed doesn't make everybody else as stupid as you are. For example, betcha didn't know this happened in 2018 did you?

Since you're such a lazy ass here's a few tidbits for you-

"Thursday. Anderson’s father, Christian Anderson, called Conte a coward, but some neighbors defended Conte, saying aggressive kids on bikes have been a big problem in the neighborhood for weeks."

“There’s video of these kids running around with their bikes, stopping cars, getting in front of cars where they almost basically force you to hit them,” said neighbor Michael Shain, who lives across the street from where the confrontation happened.

He added that before the video, the kids were taunting the woman in the car and trying to toss a dead snake in with her two children. “These kids are not innocent by any means. They started it, and unfortunately, the father went to protect his wife and two small kids,” said Shain.

But Christian Anderson said his son didn’t do anything to warrant an attack. “They didn’t do anything vicious. Even if they throw a rock at the car, it doesn’t justify beating up a child. It just doesn’t,” he said. Conte’s family and his neighbors claim the kids were trying to throw a dead snake in her car as they have done to other people in the area.

neighbors told News 12 that the teens circled Conte's wife's car and were taunting her while her two young children were also in the car.

I'll stand by my original assessment, the kid and his father are both POS.

i aint even watched the video and I'm gonna agree with scatter shot just for fun.

Just for fun. Like a joke, right?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

naw. for real.
    but for fun