Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schnee's boot sale coming up Feb 8th, 2023

Default Schnee's boot sale coming up Feb 8th, 2023

I called the folks up there at Scnees's and spoke with a guy named Matt about a potential repair because after 5 years and a pretty fair amount of wear and tear, I managed to run into a stick while bird hunting which jammed itself just right into a weak part of the boot and it punctured the leather and the membrane. Looks like it would be really impossible to repair these and he let me know about the winter sale coming up next week and to look at their web site for the deals. I will buy another pair of Beartooth 2 0g. Cheers.

www.schnees.com
    At least I'm housebroken.

Thanks. I cut the sidewall of mine in Idaho on a rock in September and need a new pair.

Order at least one size bigger.

I'd suggest a size and half. If insulated, go two sizes.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Some of us have normal non Flintstonian type feet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Order at least one size bigger.

I'd suggest a size and half. If insulated, go two sizes.
    I asked that question, and good ol Matt said they were true to size. WHatever a shoe store measures your foot as, that's what you order. Obviously if you are going to wear thicker socks on a cold day walking in snow, you may want to go up a 1/2 size. My .02

If you do have Flintstonian footses, I would go with Kenetrek.

I ordered some Kestrels on the last sale and I love them.

And I didn’t have to order 2 sizes too big…
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Hope they have y'all's size in stock. BB and I are still waiting on our size Flintstonians. I've about had enough of the wait though...

They're all so fugly, except for the duck boots.. I think I have enough of those, but maybe..

I ordered their "warmest" boot a couple months ago, last sale. It was less than what I expected for price. Looks like a normal duck boot with a drop in felt liner to make it the "warmest".
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    They're all so fugly, except for the duck boots.. I think I have enough of those, but maybe..
    I wasn't sure about them when I got them, after a season pretty impressed even if I look like a goober. Waterproof and good support. Changed out the foot bed and I look forward to wearing them.

Only thing I don't like is driving in them long distance because it's too much ankle support.

i found the schnees to fit true to size.

the OG had about a 75mile break in period for me, the last 500miles have been enjoyable.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    I asked that question, and good ol Matt said they were true to size. WHatever a shoe store measures your foot as, that's what you order. Obviously if you are going to wear thicker socks on a cold day walking in snow, you may want to go up a 1/2 size. My .02
    I asked too. He seemed annoyed at my question but answered pretty much the same.

Get my boots and...I couldnt even get them in there. Ordered 14 wide. 15's are on backorder. They do not offer 15 wides Will advise.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I wasn't sure about them when I got them, after a season pretty impressed even if I look like a goober. Waterproof and good support. Changed out the foot bed and I look forward to wearing them.

Only thing I don't like is driving in them long distance because it's too much ankle support.
    Ha

yeah, if I go off hunting something across the great divide or into the mountains.. I will be arriving via helicopter. I'm still in great shape, but I've done enough uncomfortable in my life. I work out and fast to look good shirt off, and so I can extend my golf life and distance, not to play Jeremiah Johnson.

But I still might buy a pair of those duck boots if they're that great for walking.. My full waterproofs aren't that solid for a full day of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    But I still might buy a pair of those duck boots if they're that great for walking.. My full waterproofs aren't that solid for a full day of life.
    I have found that the Beartooth 2 0G boot is excellent for my wanderings in the broom grass at 200ft above sea-level, and it is as equally at home at 4000 feet. It's crazy, but it's true.
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 02-01-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I asked too. He seemed annoyed at my question but answered pretty much the same.

Get my boots and...I couldnt even get them in there. Ordered 14 wide. 15's are on backorder. They do not offer 15 wides Will advise.
    Damn...you really are BIG Brother. If I've ever been a smart ass to you, please accept my apologies! ;~)
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Damn...you really are BIG Brother. If I've ever been a smart ass to you, please accept my apologies! ;~)
    Good Lawd…I just re-read this and realized how not-right that sounded…shoulda said don’t kick my ass if you see me at a SCDucks get together…
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Those days are over for me, hopefully.

That said, customer service said they have a pair of granite 15's. I am thinking I might ask them to send those to see if it will be worth waiting on my beartooths.