Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Duck Season “OOOPS” thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Everyone's been there whether they admit it or not.
    Speak for yourself on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to unhook a boat once from the truck on my parents ramp at their lake house. Something inside me told me not unhook the chains first. I didn’t listen to that little voice and unhooked the chains first. Started jacking it up and hopped on the back bumper to release the trailer. Trailer popped off and started rolling down the ramp as I forgot to put stops behind the tires. Somehow it missed the massive gumball tree at the end of their ramp. My boat was floating but my trailer was not. Swam out to my boat climbed in and drove my boat back up the ramp attached the trailer and somehow managed to get stops behind it. I always triple check for stops now

Just in the past month, my hunting padna blew a tire in one state and rode it on the rim into the next state where we stopped for lunch.

Last trip he “modified” the shallow water drive on his outboard with a floating log. “It still works, it’s just different”

He called me otw home from that same trip to tell me he bout threw the boat off the trailer onto the interstate.

If anybody is wondering, it’s a Duracraft/Yamaha combo. The abuse I’ve seen this boat/motor take is HOF worthy, just in the past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Mine has seen the concrete a few times. Once in my own driveway, one time due to ice, and the last was my wife’s fault.

I lifted it and welded the bottom a few years ago and it’s still going stronger than ever. If you’re gonna be dumb you’ve gotta be tough.

A374C956-5950-4C3A-9040-33451ECDC183.jpg

I dropped a 14' War Eagle with a blind on it off the trailer and onto the pavement back in highschool...and I didn't realize it for about 20 miles. Pulled off the dirt road onto the highway, made it about 100 yards and went across a bridge. It was after dark and I didn't get to a street light for a while. When I looked up and there was no boat there, I about shit my pants. All I could think of was someone being piled up and dead because of my boat. I turned around and hauled ass back to whence I came and found a Tahoe sitting behind it with it's flashers on. They saw me pull up with an empty boat trailer and proceeded to also hauled ass.

I didn't have a flat strap on the winch, just a yellow piece of rope tied to the hook. Rope came untied somehow and the boat slid off the trailer when I hit the bumps on that bridge.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Had a friend lose his entire boat/trailer one morning after a heavy night of drinking. In process of it coming off the hitch and going into the ditch, and him trying to figure out how to get it out, a trooper pulled up.

Needless to say, a rollback took everything but him to the impound lot.

Double Post*
    Last edited by SCmudder7071; 02-01-2023 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Had a friend lose his entire boat/trailer one morning after a heavy night of drinking. In process of it coming off the hitch and going into the ditch, and him trying to figure out how to get it out, a trooper pulled up.

Needless to say, a rollback took everything but him to the impound lot.
    If someone ever did that,you can say you just started drinking after it all happened cause the emotional pain and a lawyer could get you off way easier than a dui.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Did that one morning years ago with my buddys truck, trailer and boat. He asked me to back him in and said he was going to unhook first. It was below freezing and bunks were iced up. Boat slid right off on the ramp at pole yard.

I did the same thing back in the late 90s. same landing too. Bad thing about it, I cut in front of someone as they was taking their slow ass time getting their shit together and boat slid off about half way down the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    If someone ever did that,you can say you just started drinking after it all happened cause the emotional pain and a lawyer could get you off way easier than a dui.
    Possibly. But in this instance, said friend might have had 2hrs tops of sleep. He was still pretty lit and that was the words coming out of his mouth after he got out.

I watched a boat and trailer roll about 50 yards into an Arkansas rice field about 23 years ago (that makes me feel extremely old). The people we were hunting with didn't put on the safety chains, and failed to push the latch on the trailer down. Went through an S curve, the truck curved, the boat and trailer went straight.

I dumped Bogster's boat off the trailer one time.
    Foot slipped off the clutch (I'll blame it on mud/waders) but yea... That happened.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Just in the past month, my hunting padna blew a tire in one state and rode it on the rim into the next state where we stopped for lunch.

Last trip he “modified” the shallow water drive on his outboard with a floating log. “It still works, it’s just different”

He called me otw home from that same trip to tell me he bout threw the boat off the trailer onto the interstate.

If anybody is wondering, it’s a Duracraft/Yamaha combo. The abuse I’ve seen this boat/motor take is HOF worthy, just in the past two years.

That boat will go to the Smithsonian if it’s ever retired.

Does the aforementioned vessel belong to a fellow whose initials are BD? Cause I was pulled over pissing in 7 mile one evening a couple weeks ago while scouting and a boat that looked like that one came around the bend and a crazy looking fellow pulled over and said hey man how the hell have you been? Got a dip I can get off of ya?

After we took off, the guys with me said did you know him and I said yep, now don't ask any more questions!

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    I dumped Bogster's boat off the trailer one time.
    Foot slipped off the clutch (I'll blame it on mud/waders) but yea... That happened.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Default 2022-23 Duck Season “OOOPS” thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post
    Does the aforementioned vessel belong to a fellow whose initials are BD? Cause I was pulled over pissing in 7 mile one evening a couple weeks ago while scouting and a boat that looked like that one came around the bend and a crazy looking fellow pulled over and said hey man how the hell have you been? Got a dip I can get off of ya?

After we took off, the guys with me said did you know him and I said yep, now don't ask any more questions!
    Was there a strikingly handsome fella in a War Eagle with him? If so, it does.

Last edited by FEETDOWN; 02-01-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    But have you ratchet strapped an axle to a boat trailer and driven 600 miles on it only for it to fall apart in South Carolina?
    That was an engineering marvel…all I knew was after we found those ducks we’d put the boat on top of the truck if we had to haha
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post

That’s the one, lol

I thought the initials were BFD??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

If you’re in the know they are