Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022-23 Duck Season “OOOPS” thread

Default 2022-23 Duck Season “OOOPS” thread

I’ll start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone's been there whether they admit it or not.

Did that one morning years ago with my buddys truck, trailer and boat. He asked me to back him in and said he was going to unhook first. It was below freezing and bunks were iced up. Boat slid right off on the ramp at pole yard.

I think that may be one thing that I actually haven’t done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    I think that may be one thing that I actually haven’t done yet.
    Me too I’ve always been scared to unhook before in the water
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

goincoastal and I watched two kids do that to a heavy mud boat on moultrie one morning while we were getting checked by the man. He went over to check them out and we skedaddled.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Me too I’ve always been scared to unhook before in the water
    But have you ratchet strapped an axle to a boat trailer and driven 600 miles on it only for it to fall apart in South Carolina?

I have torn a motor off of a boat and pulled the axle out from under the trailer at the landing but I have yet to drop a boat on the ground. Yet.

We have a private ramp on the river, years back I was dropping my boat in to meet some friends on the river. The river had been up a day or two before, and there was a nice layer of silt on the ramp.. About a third of the way down my truck started to slide. I clicked the 4 low button on my old 2500, all it did was blink.. I f'n floored it, but I was still sliding down at a slow rate, watching that mofo blink. My back tires were starting to go under when I felt it engage and my truck jumped forward. I was shaken enough that I pulled it out, and gave up for the day, Squatty was in my mind, and I knew damn well someone had a camera on their phone. I don't remember ever really not going ahead and engaging 4wd beforehand, but now I make sure.

Ole Squatty. God rest his soul and his Tahoe.

A certain someone I know hunted in very cold water/weather on the regular. I bought his boat. I forgot the part about the Teflon strips he had put on the bunks so he could free the boat. HT 1503 with a 40.

“Whoa shit!!!!” Floored it in reverse and the boat splashed down in the water,

Left a transom strap attached just this Saturday.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    We have a private ramp on the river, years back I was dropping my boat in to meet some friends on the river. The river had been up a day or two before, and there was a nice layer of silt on the ramp.. About a third of the way down my truck started to slide. I clicked the 4 low button on my old 2500, all it did was blink.. I f'n floored it, but I was still sliding down at a slow rate, watching that mofo blink. My back tires were starting to go under when I felt it engage and my truck jumped forward. I was shaken enough that I pulled it out, and gave up for the day, Squatty was in my mind, and I knew damn well someone had a camera on their phone. I don't remember ever really not going ahead and engaging 4wd beforehand, but now I make sure.
    You mean this grand 'ol pic?

B673D8B4-A667-4460-8BF2-5554841892DF.jpeg

Default 2022-23 Duck Season “OOOPS” thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    BTDT too, lol

(And we won’t even begin to discuss your bilge pumping disdain….lol)
    Last edited by Tater; 01-30-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    But have you ratchet strapped an axle to a boat trailer and driven 600 miles on it only for it to fall apart in South Carolina?
    Did this once because of broken leaf spring. Only drove 10 miles though lol!

Bad part is we were a long ways from the boat ramp!
    Gravel road, winch latch kicked out

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Watched Trad and a buddy about to come unglued when a guy shot a big blue heron right in front of them and keep on getting it up the river while those 2 were stuck on the trailer. Damn that was funny...

I had a buddy lose a hub(it burtn up and the wheel fell off)otw to the lake. In hooks boat, goes to shop and gets a double axle car trailer, winches the boat and trailer with 1 wheel onto the second trailer, straps tit down and keeps on keeping on!

I had an old pin I used to use in my hitch as as a lock down.. in the hole thingy. Evidently it busted some where running down 261 on a Sunday morning heading to Edisto. I was by myself, not my jon in tow, but my larger CC.. When I came around that let turn in Rimini I looked back and my boat look like it was trying to pass me on the outside, unhitched. I eased up, it hit my back bumper. I came to a stop, and was thinking how I was going to get it loaded. As I was standing there the doors in front of that old church came open, and a few men walked out and offered help. I believe I burned up a hub on that morning too.

I've got one of those momarsh dog vest... the heavy one with velcro for the different panels. Let my dog out the back yesterday morning and a few minutes later he came running around the truck and the back of that vest hung up on the corner of my open drivers door. He about ripped it off the hinges. Bent it up a little and popped some paint.